PDA

View Full Version : Hayfever!

Elbiot
19th Jun 2008, 16:09
Does anyone know what the deal is with regards to class one medicals and hayfever?! Do they let you pass if you have it?

Elliot

FerrypilotDK
19th Jun 2008, 16:13
There is a list of approved medications for hay-fever sufferers. In itself, it does not prevent you from getting a first class medical.

By the way...there is a type of hormone therapy....do not know what it is in English, but it works great. I was using an anti-histimine, eye-drops and nasal spray with poor results. One injection a year (half the normal dose) and I have 0 symptoms! Also much cheaper!

Good-luck!

Elbiot
19th Jun 2008, 16:23
O.K that sounds good cheers. So this injection has literally given you 0 simptons now? thats exactly what i want, i take exactly what you described you used to and its not working at all. Hopefully i wont get it in the U.S!

alanmtc
19th Jun 2008, 17:56
o elliot stop being a pussy about hayfever, so u have a runny nose a few times a year ha ha......

only 17 days to go :-)

Whirlygig
19th Jun 2008, 18:16
There are drugs which are approved; they have to be "non-drowsy" and I was told Clarityn was acceptable. Thankfully, I have grown out of hay-fever now and have very few symptoms - with a bit of luck you might also grow out of it!!

The injections are steriod based, so I can imagine that the CAA would not approve their use.

Alanmtc - not a helpful answer. For those who suffer from hay fever, it can be quite debilitating; it's not just a runny nose but sore, itchy eyes, mouth and throat. As a teenager, I got it so bad that I couldn't see.

Best thing is to ask the CAA's advice; the medical department is very helpful.

Cheers

Whirls

alanmtc
19th Jun 2008, 18:23
whyrligig

dont worry i`m not being nasty, elliot is my husband, just having a personal joke!

Whirlygig
19th Jun 2008, 18:28
That's OK then! :ok: He can deal with you in his own sweet way! :}

Cheers

Whirls

Elbiot
19th Jun 2008, 20:17
Husband he wishes! Just someone who I have to put up with during my training! haha.

Whirlygig
19th Jun 2008, 21:15
Husband? He? Alan? I think I need a lie down!!

Cheers

Whirls