PDA

View Full Version : Boeing FMC/CDU - Route Modifications

Callsign Kilo
19th Jun 2008, 15:22
Hello All

I have just completed my TR on the 737 and I await Line Training with my airline. I have been reviewing the various FCOMs and FCTMs that we have been supplied and was looking into Route Modifications via the FMC. The question that I have is how I would input a route modification like such...

For example, ATC want you to be level at say FL70 15nm before a waypoint which you are currently routing to. I realise that the FMC allows you to input this instruction into the LEGS page by creating a new waypoint, however I cannot for the life of me remember how to do it. Many thanks for the help, CK

plumponpies
19th Jun 2008, 15:49
Via the legs page...."waypoint name"/-15. line select it over the waypoint then set the hard FL70 on the created line.

cortilla
19th Jun 2008, 16:00
A way i often use is use the fix page, put the waypoint in and then put a ring round it at the fixed distance then just make sure the banana bar is on there. Useful if you have to be at a certain height or speed on a waypoint that isn't on your actual route but abeam it.

Don't worry though your line trainers will show you all this good stuff.

Screwballs
19th Jun 2008, 16:07
Boeing 737 FCOM Volume 2 11.31.14 & 11.31.15.

ppppilot
19th Jun 2008, 16:11
Via the legs page...."waypoint name"/-15. line select it over the waypoint then set the hard FL70 on the created line.
That is the best one, but I donīt introduce the altitude on the right side. I usually see what the computer tells you to be your altitude at that point and act in consecuence over the AP to reduce or increase the rate until it matches with the required.