PDA

View Full Version : Stop whingeing about armed forces pay!!!!

anotherthing
19th Jun 2008, 12:46
On MSN Money today when talking about top earning salaries -

http://money.uk.msn.com/guides/salarycentre/article.aspx?cp-documentid=7444321

they have come up with this ridiculous piece of reporting:

Dance rings around the opposition
It may not be the sort of job your careers adviser, or your parents for that matter, would be likely to suggest, but lap dancers can - and do - earn a small fortune.
Peter Stringfellow, who claims to have brought lap dancing to London, says dancers at his eponymous club can earn £1,000 a night. With top earners taking home up to £200,000 a year, cash-in-hand, there is clearly serious money to be made from taking your clothes off.

And most surprising of all is that this means that top-earning lap dancers are in the same salary bracket as RAF pilots. That's according to a new study which shows that lap lancers take home about the same as a pilot and farmers are now no better paid than staff who work on the checkout in their local supermarket. It's an interesting turnaround. But lap dancers aren't the only surprise high-earners.

Bloody hell, wish I'd stayed in... I think I might have to brush off my mankini and practice dancing instead... me show you good time 10 dollahh :E

davejb
19th Jun 2008, 15:52
Absoulte tosh -
there's no way any pf the pilots I know or knew would make a grand for dancing round a pole....

VinRouge
19th Jun 2008, 17:01
I would PAy a grand not to see it... :E

N Joe
19th Jun 2008, 17:40
It may sound like a glamorous career choice where you can take most of the day off before popping to work for a couple of hours, but the late nights in seedy bars can take its toll. Also, you have to be highly attractive to start with, and I understand the training is quite hard. Even if you prove yourself to be very good at the job, it can be a very bitchy environment to work in and, of course, your career is over when your looks fade. The worst part is having to pretend to like the self-important old men that pay your wages.

Lap-dancing on the other hand........

N Joe

JackRyan
19th Jun 2008, 20:41
Forget flying and lap dancing; Goose was right when he was going to apply for Truck Master. 40 odd grand for driving a petrol tanker. Having said that, it must be tricky darts what with all the gears and that big steering wheel...

SVK
19th Jun 2008, 20:46
Crikey! I knew I was owed a bit of back-pay from JPA but now I'm truly going to be a weekend millionaire! Please don't tell me its a bit of exaggerated reporting...

advocatusDIABOLI
19th Jun 2008, 21:17
I believe, there was a 'training' course carried out in the 'Goose' way down south. Don't know if anyone took it up, but I know a few who came to the 'open days'....:E

Regards,

Advo

14greens
19th Jun 2008, 22:57
you got it wrong, most pilots would expect the pole to dance round them would they not