PDA

View Full Version : New logbook?

jmoody
19th Jun 2008, 11:02
Just a question regarding logbooks..

Say I want to get a new logbook and transfer all my hours into it (i know i have too much time on my hands) how is it possible to transfer the stickers in the front OR do i need to transfer them?

Is it legal to scan them onto sticker paper and put them in a new logbook?

Anyway any answers would be much appreciated :)

Cheers
Jay

Capt Wally
19th Jun 2008, 11:07
Good Q

I would think that unless yr old log book is illegible than you start the new log book and just retain the old book for proof should you ever need to do so. Some others may have diff idea's.

CW

Islander Jock
19th Jun 2008, 11:24
You could proably scan the page and have it certified as a true copy by your local JP or other approved person. But why bother? Your paper licence has all ratings and approvals in it. Unless you have a book full of those dodgy "endorsements".:rolleyes:

Horatio Leafblower
19th Jun 2008, 12:08
So IJ...

... the flying school you are closest to doesn't put first solo in the logbook?

... what about formation endorsements, aerobatics, aerobatics instruction?

Do they do what is prescribed in CAO 40.1.x or is it just considered "dodgy"? :uhoh:

Islander Jock
19th Jun 2008, 12:32
HLB,
First Solo is NOT covered by a sticky label. It is a log book entry by the instructor who can authorise the solo.
Aerobatics and formation are an approval that will have a log book stamp. Again, NOT a sticky label.

If you read jmooddy's question, how is it possible to transfer the stickers in the front OR do i need to transfer them? He/she made no mention of the approvals that may appear elsewhere in the book. Approvals are also recorded onto your paper licence. Well mine are anyway

What I was referring to as "dodgy" are giving approvals (calling them endorsemens) for things like a specific SE <5700kg aircraft endorsement which is already covered by the PPL and CSU / Retract endorsement. But the best one I have heard of recently is the GPS approval for VFR navigation. :p

jmoody
20th Jun 2008, 00:22
Yer i think maybe i should just leave them.. better not to get burned down the track...:ok: