PDA

View Full Version : NZ CPL Oz ATPL exam question

solowflyer
19th Jun 2008, 06:48
I hold a NZ CPL that I converted to an oz licence. Since I did all the CPL exams for a NZ licence does that mean I can not sit an Aus ATPL exam as I don't have any Australian CPL exam credits?

knox
19th Jun 2008, 07:25
You can sit the oz atpl's as long as you have an oz cpl.
If you do a search you'll find heaps on this subject.

Lots of people convert nz-oz cpl so they can do the oz atpl's.

knox

solowflyer
19th Jun 2008, 09:49
thanks

Just got a bit worried when saw in the ATPL study guide that needed passes in Oz CPL subjects

DeltaT
23rd Jun 2008, 10:17
Yes you can do the Auz ATPLs, however, just to make sure you are covered tell CASA your intentions, as I think they need to put something in the 'system' which allows you to book the exams online?
And I am pretty sure you will need the Auz medical to get the Auzzie licence issued. -To then use the TTRMA to get back to the NZ licence.

NZScion
23rd Jun 2008, 11:01
And I am pretty sure you will need the Auz medical to get the Auzzie licence issued.

This is not required, you are entitled to use your CAANZ Class 1 until it expires, but only if you ask for this when submitting your TTMRA application.

knox
23rd Jun 2008, 22:56
Quote:
Originally Posted by DeltaT
And I am pretty sure you will need the Auz medical to get the Auzzie licence issued.

NZScion "This is not required, you are entitled to use your CAANZ Class 1 until it expires, but only if you ask for this when submitting your TTMRA application".

I think you'll find that you do not need a medical for the issue of the license... only needed if you intend to use (fly) in oz on the license.

knox.

glekichi
23rd Jun 2008, 23:53
And you only need to tick the box and pay the money if you plan on operating an Australian aircraft internationally. Within Australia the NZ medical is fine. (Until it expires the first time, then need the OZ one - Allow plenty of time too!)

What I want to know is, why in the industry pack does it quite clearly say you are entitled to the immediate use of your licence once an application has been made, while CASA quite firmly told me over the phone that I must wait for the confirmation letter to arrive? CASA making up rules as they go along?

solowflyer
24th Jun 2008, 00:36
Thanks

Already have the oz licence and yes obtained it with my NZ Medical at the time but it was only valid till it expired then had to obtain an Oz one. My main question was Do I need to sit the oz CPL exams (even though I already have passes in th NZ ones) as it states in the ATPL guide on the CASA site that I need to have passes in the AUSTRALIAN CPL exams. Maybe I'm just reading into this grey area too much.

knox
24th Jun 2008, 04:55
Yes you are reading too much into it.
The answer still remains the same.
You can do the oz ATP's now.... without any oz cpl passes.

good luck.

Knox

mikeyd13
24th Jun 2008, 12:54
Hi

You will have no problems with sitting your exams with your Nz converted to aussie CPL, I converted mine last week and have already sat 2 aussie ATPL's.

Not 1 question was asked.

Goodluck with them :ok:

DeltaT
1st Jul 2008, 00:59
sorry, didn't ake myself clear there with the medical issue, as has been corrected later on, you can't have the Auz licence running infinitum on the nz medical.