PDA

View Full Version : Flybe tickets?

Put1992
18th Jun 2008, 21:05
This may seem like a very idiotic question, but what exactly are the "e-tickets" you take with you for a flybe flight? There is the booking confirmation with booking quote, flight details etc etc, but what is it I actually have to print out and present when checking in?

I've only just booked by the way, so please say if the e-ticket is received at a later date

Cheers

raffele
18th Jun 2008, 21:18
Most airlines issue eTickets nowadays. Basically its a unique ID (booking reference) and your surname that links to your flight details on their computers. Your payment card is also linked.

When checking in you either do it online before you get to the airport, or you go to an airport desk with your passport and printout of the confirmation email with your booking reference on it. There is no ticket (which is good as you can't lose it!)

Put1992
18th Jun 2008, 21:22
Ah excellent. Makes things alot easier for me :)

Thanks

PAXboy
19th Jun 2008, 17:44
The E-Ticket can be the printed e-mail confirmation that they sent you or JUST the number. This is sometimes called the 'Locator'. I sometimes just write it down in my diary.

If you check-in online, then you can print your boarding pass 9or not as you choose). On the day, bring the Locator OR the printed boarding pas AND your Photo ID. If not a passport, even for domestic flights, this is needed and new style driving licence will suffice as it has a photo.

raffele
19th Jun 2008, 20:48
Some extra info for you from the Flybe website...

"Before you start

You must ensure that you have the following:

A fully working printer, able to produce good quality printouts in black and white.

The Boarding passes have a bar code which contains all of your flight details. The bar code is scanned at security and before you board the plane. It is very important that your printer is in good working order and can provide a suitable printout. If your boarding card cannot be scanned, re-prints are issued at the airport and are charged at GBP10.00 per person, per sector."