PDA

View Full Version : CompuServe sucks...Keep it off your computer

JJflyer
18th Mar 2001, 17:39
Got CompuServe on my new Sony VAIO laptop when I purchased it about 3 weeks ago.
After installing this wonderful " 250 hours for free for a month " thing I've had nothing but problems.

CompuServe program continuosly causes an error that freezes the computer. I deleted the program and no problems. Reinstalled and problems started again.

More...Where ever I try to use compuserve it constantly drops the connection or is VERY very very very slow.
Even in the newest version they have available, browser is outdated and difficult to use compared with other products.

Before this free trial I had MSN. I can tell you that I had very few problems with them. Unfortunately I cannot go back as they only offer service in US, England or Japan...
Any suggestions to other service providers around... Has anyone heard of PRODIGY ???

JJ

stickyb
20th Mar 2001, 05:01
Not sure what your problem is.
i use compuserve a lot, with no problems

I just use them for the connection, which is low cost in most countries, very useful when travelling, then use outlook, IE5 for the real stuff. Don't have to use the compuserver browser at all.

Very good for under 20USDollars a month unlimited time.

WideBodiedEng
30th Mar 2001, 02:57
I've had Compuserve since my first modem (2400 baud!!) and I found it excellent. I generally only use it for connecting overseas as it is usually a local call. I have my OE5 account set up to operate with CS as ISP. aonly other hassle is connecting through a switchboard in some US hotels, can be very slow.
One word of warning I reloaded CS on a friends laptop and he lost all his Word stuff. I forgot to close the Office Shortcut bar and so managed to replace an Office file with a CS one!! Now I always close Norton, Winfax and Office shortcut bar before running an install.

------------------
The Stamp is mightier than the Toolbox!!