PDA

View Full Version : Air Shows What tickles your fancy?

wowie
3rd Jul 2001, 18:53
Hi, me again just got to ask this one,

As most of us are Airshow enthusiasts I thought I might ask the question, What do you enjoy seeing at airshows?

I dont know about you but I love the sound of a roaring jet, whether its an airliner, miltary transport jet or a fighter screaming across the sky its the plane that has the most power and the one that makes the most noise I enjoy to see. Secondly I enjoy seeing a bit of sport flying in aircraft such as SU-29 and other aircraft that defeat the laws of aerodynamics.

What's your point of view?

wowie

------------------
if your gonna die, die in a kingswood

Evo7
3rd Jul 2001, 19:24
Most unusual, at least, must be the time in 1998 that I walked out of my office at DERA Farnborough, looked up and saw a MiG29 coming backwards down towards me, mid tail-slide. Certainly memorable, and bl**dy worrying - Russian fighters never crash at airshows, do they. Can't fly over the crowd, can't fly over the runway, so fly over DERA instead.

Discovered later that staff working for Air Systems had been 'strongly advised' to work at home during the airshow. Didn't tell the rest of us http://www.pprune.org/ubb/NonCGI/eek.gif

Never been to an airshow, but Farnborough was one of the perks of working at the RAE/DERA. Best memory, probably EFA, the SU-30 flipping above my office and the time Concorde came visiting. Landed 100 yards away from me while I sat on the grass next to the main runway :)