PDA

View Full Version : Flying ZS outside SA

Baron Von Mildred
18th Jun 2008, 13:19
Hi

Does anyone know the current procedure for validating or whatever the appropriate procedure would be, to enable me to commercially fly a ZS registered aircraft in a neighbouring country?

I hold a CPL for that country with type rating on the relevant aircraft.

I saw a post about someone wishing to fly within SA with a JAR PPL and the whole process seemed to take about 90days, requiring an air law exam & flight test. I presume the process could be the same or worse for a CPL. Anyone got any more info?

BVM

HansFlyer
18th Jun 2008, 14:18
I suggest you write an e-mail to the CAA include your license, and other info as well as times etc . . .

use the following address -

[email protected]

They will answer you.

arcwi
19th Jun 2008, 14:17
Most of the countries strongly object to cabotage.

If you intend operating commercially with ZS aircraft in other country's airspace, do not bother asking the SA CAA, first check with the host country's CAA or DCA/DoT.

I bet they will loose their sense of humor very, very quickly!

Flying Bean
20th Jun 2008, 18:23
Baron.
I think you will find ARCWI is right. Even before the KOX accident, Zambia DCA had stepped in to prevent ZS light aircraft (C206,C210 etc) being leased in to operate in Zambia on a commercial basis. We were only allowed to bring a ZS light aircraft in on the basis that it was a temporary replacement for a similar 9J aircraft that was down for maintenace for a couple of months (August 2004). After KOX I think that even that allowance was banned.
But drop an email to DCA Zambia to re check.([email protected])
I will be back in Lusaka in a couple of weeks and can check as well. Send me an email.