PDA

View Full Version : Nokia 6210

eeper
17th Jan 2001, 18:51
I'm looking to get rid of my Nokia 7110 and I'm quite taken by the Nokia 6210. The adverts claim it has some sort of High Speed Datalink which is only supported by some networks. Does anyone know which networks these are and what, if any, difference this will make to me. I use the infrared port to download EMail to my Psion Revo.

Incidentally, on a separate note, am I the only person to be disappointed by the 7110? Mine is forever locking up.

AquaPlane
18th Jan 2001, 17:28
eeper,

Try *#0000# on your 7110. If the software is lover than v5.00 you can get it updated at your local Nokia Service Centre. See retailers for locations.

6110 I believe can do 28.8k, provider dependent. Most new phones can do 2MBit/s believe it or not, but providers limit to 9.6k/14.4k/28.8k to minimise costs/maximise profit.

Aq

Fen Tiger
19th Jan 2001, 03:41
Hi,

I have had my 6210 for a few months now and I find it a truely excellent product and cannot recommend it highly enough. I use it to get e-mail from my 6210 as well as browsing the web. I also have the WAP on my Psion as well as on the phone which makes 'WAPping' easier. The functional design and the features are better than on the 7110.

As for the high speed data link I think I do not have it enabled. I beleive you can only get it in the UK on the Orange network and it costs an extra £5 per month.

If you want any more info just contact me

flex won
19th Jan 2001, 14:15
Fen Tiger,

I also have a 6210 and found it an excellent phone for voice function but am not experienced in data.

Can you recommend any WAP sites and email providers compatible with WAP. I am an Orange user.

Thanks.

------------------
There is no spoon......