PDA

View Full Version : What's up at Bexair?

captjim
18th Jun 2008, 02:29
I hear a ton of guys are moving on from Bexair. Could someone shed some light on whats going on, I'm thinking about going there. PM me if you don't want to speak public about it.

Thanks

International
18th Jun 2008, 06:51
In the last 6 months of 2007, 26 of the staff left. (The company is about 100 strong) In the first 3 months of 2008, there was a new director who managed to improve the conditions and morale, and consequently stem the tide. However, he left within 3 months, and in the month since he left, there were 25 resignations.

The problems with Bexair start and end with the chairman and owner. (A Saudi) He constantly interferes with the daily running to the point where he undermines all the managers authority, and they are then paralysed with indecision.

The company has over $7 million in outstanding recievables from Saudi "royal" family, which means the company has a severe liquidty issue and is always trying to juggle payables to those that are most urgent...and that includes salaries.

Finally, the chairman (and by his extension, the HR dept) have a complete disregard for the equitable treatment of human beings. If you ever have the misfortune to talk to him, you will find him arrogant and dismissive unless you agree with him. If you disagree, you will soon find your life becoming ever so quickly more difficult, until you either quit or are fired on some fabricated pretext.

A case in point. Several years ago, the dispatch department were unhappy that they were being paid about half the market rate. they tried to bring it up but were told to like it or lump it. So they all threatened to quit. The chairman had them all fired and brought in new dispatchers for above market rate, rather than give in to them.

Do not go there unless you have little choice. And if you do go, make sure you have an exit strategy in place two months down the line. (although there are several regional operators who are sympathetic to ex Bexair employees and regularly poach their staff)

captjim
18th Jun 2008, 08:54
Thank you, in that case, I'll stay put.

International
18th Jun 2008, 11:39
Try Rizon Jet in Bahrain, or Royal Jet in Abu Dhabi. They have western CEOs and currently seem to be the best though that isn't too hard :)