PDA

View Full Version : How can I stop...

OldHand
16th Jan 2001, 13:14
Is there a simple way to stop my kids accessing chatrooms without the message about content advisor flashing up on the screen??

ExSimGuy
16th Jan 2001, 14:47
Take away the modem? . . . :)

------------------
What Goes Around . . . . .
. . often makes a better landing

ExSimGuy
21st Jan 2001, 09:52
I had thought that someone with "rug rats" would have come back with a sensible answer, but perhaps the title of the post was now explicit enough?

Just a thought, but most of these chat rooms seem to run on Java-script - so perhaps completely disabling Java (go "View Internet options" -> "advanced", and scroll down till you see the Java settings) might work.

I haven't tried it but it might be worth a try. Only problem is that a lot of sites (probably this one too) use Java for other things. If that's a limitation, you could maybe set up two "users profiles" (logins to your computer), one for the kids and one for you, with Java disabled in their profile but not yours. :rolleyes:

Anyone got any thoughts - further advice? Good luck - fortunately my kids are too old for me to worry about the internet content they see - they are busy loading "Net Nanny" to stop my grandchildren going to sites they shouldn't :)

------------------
What Goes Around . . . . .
. . often makes a better landing

pied piper
23rd Jan 2001, 00:41
Depends on how much you want to spend ;)

but in the meantime try this...

http://tucows.univie.ac.at/parent95.html