PDA

View Full Version : CXfor Muslims???? :confused:

FITFTC
17th Jun 2008, 15:10
Hello everyone.Hope everyone will be fine.Guys i m confuse a little bit.I was about to Submit my application to CX for S/O Psition then just heard from my friend who is currently in Emirates working for them as a Pilot.He told me that Cathay do not hire muslims especially Pakistani Muslims.

Guys my question is this that How far this news is true???Please help me out i really want to join CX.:sad:

Left Wing
17th Jun 2008, 17:45
its nothing to do with muslims...CX just does not hire indians, pakistani,sri lankan pilots...tho plenty of IT guys from india...

Virtual Reality
17th Jun 2008, 18:28
There are at least 3 Muslim Capt in CX, an Iranian-Canadian-American, a Lebanese-Australian and a Hong Kong guy + a few other Muslim FOs and SOs from various countries.

cx252
17th Jun 2008, 20:15
I believe there are more than 1 Local Hong Kong Captain and more than 300 local pilots in line as Cathay is local flagship carrier. Ofcouz we have a lot of Captains from Commonwealth Countries, and as per that term, I think they do hire Pakistani pilot.

perthtrained
21st Jun 2008, 19:04
My F/O yesterday was Sri Lankan, a couple of weeks ago an Iranian. Don't listen to others, just apply and see how it goes!!!!

FIRESYSOK
21st Jun 2008, 19:26
Why eveyone panders to this drivel is beyond me.

SMOC
22nd Jun 2008, 06:55
I know a pakistani FO on the 777, and he's a Muslim.

Le Pilot
22nd Jun 2008, 15:58
CRM Facilitator last week: FO 777 and Pakistani muslim.
Thinking of a few more.
Emirates must be losing too many pilots to KA & CX... Now What can we say to stop the exodus?

Rawrawhammer
22nd Jun 2008, 18:42
And how do they know what your religion is?only way to judge would be by your name or nationality but that's not near enough.

TWINGLOBES
22nd Jun 2008, 23:49
I have flown with all 3 nationalities and muslims. Apply if you want the job.