PDA

View Full Version : Reapplying for CPP

kto_1201
17th Jun 2008, 11:58
i applied for the program last june and i had an interview in nov. i am just wondering when i reapply and they say i cant apply within one year. now is that one year the time of the interview of time of application?

holdmetight
17th Jun 2008, 15:39
you can re-apply one year from the date specified on your rejection letter/email.

Flying Fat Angelo
13th Jul 2008, 13:56
hey guys
i am doing a similar thing, can re-apply in december this year (cant wait!)

holdmetight - just wondering if you would know if its true that when you re-apply, you go straight to the stage where you got rejected the first time? i had heard this but no one seems to know for sure, and i've come to think you might be something of a guru on these topics! ;)

holdmetight
13th Jul 2008, 14:35
hey Flying Fat Angelo

1. recruitment informed me that the validity of the selection tests is for 1 year. i have also heard of a case where an applicant failed in his 1st attempt, and when he applied exactly 1 year later, he was exempted from doing his initial test. the conclusion i draw from this is that if you apply 1 year later, you are exempt from doing the initial test again.

2. i have also heard that if you fail at Stage 3 management interview, you start off your next attempt from there.

so if you failed at Stage 1 or Stage 2 last time, and you're going to apply one year later, you probably wont' need to do the initial test again, but will need to start off from the Stage 1 interview.

the only people who can be absolutely sure of anything are the Recruitment people, and i am not one of them. changes to the selection could also be made at any time, so if i were you, i'd be prepared to do the entire thing again. after all, this is pprune: professional pilots rumour network!

best of luck!:)

Matt_777
20th Jul 2008, 09:29
Well this is the true scenarios of my friends:

1. He failed his management interview the first time, reapply 6 months after he got the reject letter, got rejected straight away. Then he applied again 6 months later (1 year from the date of the first reject letter), got invited to do a 2nd stage interview, for only the panel interview and job knowledge test

2. Another friend failed his 2nd stage interview, reapplied after 2 years, start from stage 1 interview skipping the initial test part

And an advice to people who are trying to reapply, please TAKE YOUR TIME, don't rush and waste your chance 'coz normally there're only 2 shots for anyone. Make sure you're well prepared, accumulated enough experience and have done enough to show that you're prepared and determined.

cx252
22nd Jul 2008, 18:45
I am taking your advice into account, thank you very much. I have planned to give another go a year later, but it might change now cause I cant see the line called "ready".