PDA

View Full Version : Oman air training

London's Control
17th Jun 2008, 09:28
Hello guys,

Me and my mate are arguing if Oman Air is sending their pilots to Alya in Jordan or Atlantic in U.K - Interestingly, Atlantic is a founder of Ayla.

Anyone knows?
Regards,

.Aero
17th Jun 2008, 10:30
Atlantic is a founder of Ayla.

Atlantic Flight Training has been around for donkeys of years and have had a good working relationship with Oman Air who send their cadets to AFT in Coventry. Ayla Aviation (which has only been around for a year or 2) and Atlantic Flight Training are two separate business entities that share the same parent company, FTO Holdings, and will therefor cross-promote one another through agreement.

FlyingArab
17th Jun 2008, 10:40
London, theyre sent them to AFT.

Ayla
17th Jun 2008, 12:58
I think you'll find they go to one of the schools in Australia, RMIT I think. They used to go to AFT until 2007. Ayla do their Bridge Training for existing CPL/IR Holders.

Hope that helps

Omania335
17th Jun 2008, 20:32
Yes, Oman Air sent their second Cadets to RMIT based in Melbourne
And their first Commercial Pilots been sent to Ayla for bridging Course (ATPL) Based on JAA syllabus for 3 month
and the Pilots are very happy with excellent professional Instructions been given to Omani Pilots ……

Duthroll
17th Jun 2008, 20:51
hi all,,oh yes ,Oman air sent it's CPL-IR holders to Ayla for attending A bridge course (frozen ATPL) ,,,with the UK instructors in Ayla ,Oman air made good movement sending thier future pilots there.

.Aero
18th Jun 2008, 09:02
Are you sure your not getting confused with Gulf Air who sent licensed pilots to Ayla for a short bridge course?

I'm pretty sure if Oman Air were a customer of Ayla it would be smothered all over Ayla Aviation's website - like Royal Jordanian and Gulf Air are.

http://www.aylaaviation.com/pr.html

OBBI
18th Jun 2008, 11:12
i think thier IT web designer has left loool

Omania335
18th Jun 2008, 17:12
i guess they have not updated thier website yet

pilitio
28th Aug 2008, 23:59
Hi all, the first group of bridge course students was from Gulf air, then the second group came from Oman air, and they graduated earlier this month. Now there is another batch from Oman Air again which just started their bridge course in Ayla. So yes they sent a total of about 40 students, 20 per batch. They do a 3-4 months JAA ATPL knowledge ground school.