PDA

View Full Version : "Partner" coming to Dubai

bushveld
17th Jun 2008, 09:27
I will be moving to DXB in a couple of months, and my lady and I cannot yet get married - divorces not yet finalised, and won't be for 6 months. I appreciate the need for discretion, but can she come in on a Visit visa until we get hitched officially?

Oblaaspop
17th Jun 2008, 10:25
Yes!...........:ok:

nitro rig driver
17th Jun 2008, 13:22
If only everything was that easy in DXB

http://www.government.ae/gov/en/visitors/uae/visas.jsp

SuperDouper
17th Jun 2008, 16:34
Although its by no means official, i know plently of people in Dubai and Muscat who "were married" so to speak. Many people put the ring on the finger but dont have the paperwork.

In some areas it is best to say you are married and make sure she has the ring on as even living together unmarried is a big no no. Basically say from the beggining to evreyone you get to know that you are married

She will get loads of unwanted attention especially from sleezy taxi drivers if she doesnt have that magic ring on. Come to think of it she will get unwanted attention full stop from the taxi drivers!

Hope this helps

bushveld
18th Jun 2008, 00:41
Thanks to all who replied. Most grateful for the practical advice. :)

Jockofthebushveld
18th Jun 2008, 07:46
Next question ,I have a F/O mate in a villa , Family goes home as they hate it here, cannot get another flying job in south america. She divorces him, he remarries, does he keep the villa? he has kids but in South America.

helen-damnation
18th Jun 2008, 10:22
Not 100% sure on this but I think Yes :ok:

His kids will still need to come and see him.

etihadceo
18th Jun 2008, 10:48
See PM, it can be done!

sispanys ria
18th Jun 2008, 11:48
To be politically correct these guys I'm refering to come from a country on the eastern side of the mediterranean and like conflict(sorry I digress).

I only see Israelis, and officially, they're not so numerous in UAE..

sispanys ria
18th Jun 2008, 18:11
Of course, why would I again tolerate people insulting me for free ? Did I offend you in any manner ? So please be a gentleman.

Jockofthebushveld
18th Jun 2008, 20:27
Thanks ETIHADCEO , I appreciate your info, got nothing in the PM though.