PDA

View Full Version : Pilot job in Namibia

ZSCHR
16th Jun 2008, 18:04
Hi
That's only a question:)
I know the current situation with SW but I'ld like to ask you about your opinion or knowledge if a young First Officer of Lufthansa, which has been trained very well by Lufthansa, has good chances if he would apply for a job with Air Namibia?

Thanks for the information

Regards
Chris

Propellerpilot
16th Jun 2008, 19:16
Vergiss es - du hast wahrscheinlich die falsche Hautfarbe und bist kein Namibianer :ugh:

Nee jetzt mal im Ernst-in Europa sieht es doch nicht so schlecht aus momentan wenn man flexibel ist.

Gruss

ZSCHR
16th Jun 2008, 20:41
Ja ich bin weiß, aber ich habe meine Wurzeln in Afrika
und möchte auch wirklich nicht gerne hier fliegen, sondern zurück nach Afrika und dort leben und fliegen. Wollte mich einfach mal darüber informieren.
vielleicht schaffen sie es ja in den nächsten jahren ein ordentliches management mit sinn für gleichberechtigung aufzubauen, mal sehen.
mein traum ist es und den möchte ich mir gerne erfüllen. europa finde ich unattraktiv. ganz ehrlich

zapoi67
16th Jun 2008, 23:37
europa finde ich unattraktiv. ganz ehrlich

I somewhat agree. :D

Just... I have a child, and living in Africa (if we except SA) with children.... I don't know....:uhoh:

ZSCHR
17th Jun 2008, 05:04
I somewhat agree. :D

Just... I have a child, and living in Africa (if we except SA) with children.... I don't know....:uhoh:

:ok:I see, it isn't only my opinion ...

Voel
17th Jun 2008, 18:49
ZSCHR, versuchs ruhig:ok:. Probieren geht nicht über studieren.:8They are loosing pilots faster than they can train, even if they try to fast-track the process. Another B737 pilot resigned in May and another one by end of Dec. They do have DLH pilots flying their A340.

flux
17th Jun 2008, 19:28
Hi Chris,

As all the rest, my 2cents. You say you are a very well trained Luft, pilot. What you have is a very expensive 319/20/21 rating (with f~~~L time on type), and not an FO with the outfit you mention. Stay away from Africa if your concerns way so heavily on you. I as all my breathren will welcome you with open arms - so that is not the problem. Many SA pilots have been through the experience (not pain) of flying in regions like Sudan, Afganistan, Iraq, Congo etc. to gain experience. Southern Africa might seem like a hard place .............but you ain't seen nothing yet brother :ugh::ugh::ugh: