PDA

View Full Version : Kalitta Applicant Req Info

Sky Kid
16th Jun 2008, 00:31
I am looking for info on what it is like to work for Kalitta Air. What kind of schedules do they have, do they stick to the schedule, are they good to work for, and anything else you care to share.

I have flown night freight as 727 captain, and enjoy it. I just don't want to go through a training program and then find out I hate the job.

Thanks,

Sky Kid

Junkflyer
16th Jun 2008, 08:12
The schedule is 17 days a month on either straight through or in 2 blocks. You are home based so tickets provided for normal monthly lines, but not to YIP for training events. About 5 weeks initial gs on your own, then sim for about 2 weeks all at $600/week and regular pay starts after completing ioe. Its an ok place to be if you can handle the 17 days being gone. They seem to be moving forward-getting -400's, fms/glass adi/hsi are installed in the classics and efb's coming on line.

Sky Kid
11th Feb 2012, 19:04
Anyone at Kalitta Air heard if they are having any new hire classes? I keep hearing that they are hiring, but after sending dozens and dozens of resumes, I can't even get an interview. From what I am hearing all the other 747 operators have slowed down on hiring.

Junkflyer
11th Feb 2012, 19:35
Flightinfo.com has a number of threads for Kalitta going on. The bad news is it costs $10 to join. They were hiring until recently, however this is the slow time anyway and the military flying will probably slow in the future.

fr8box
12th Feb 2012, 03:37
No interviws/hiring until sometime after the third quarter...depending on future aircraft acquisition and business opportunities.