PDA

View Full Version : Gulf Air getting B777

HMD3560
15th Jun 2008, 16:55
Has anyone heard rumours about Gulf Air B777

stefan1138
15th Jun 2008, 17:27
Don´t those rumours resurface several times a year?

Sal-e
15th Jun 2008, 23:07
I heard it was either the A340-600 or the B777. I've got a feeling Boeing has upped the ante to keep it's presence in Bahrain. Whatever the outcome, it should be good for GF.

skywaytoheaven
16th Jun 2008, 09:30
yeah sure.....like whatever...

Mow
16th Jun 2008, 14:50
Ya, not even a rumor..... just in dreams.... :*

MELDreamer
31st Jan 2009, 20:05
Saw one yesterday at Bahrain in full GFA livery

Radar Contact
31st Jan 2009, 21:25
Saw one yesterday at Bahrain in full GFA livery

Bull****, they are expected to be here in March or later.. What registration was it? Where was it parked :) - GF are not painting the 777 initially as they did with the Jet Airways A330 from which the GF 777 will be coming from.

zlin77
1st Feb 2009, 04:30
Just as a point of interest, all the Jet 777's that are leased to THY were painted prior to delivery, the 4 aircraft that Gulf air are supposed to be getting are now surplus to Jet's requirements and available for a quick trip to the paint shop.

Corkey McFuz
1st Feb 2009, 04:53
Nice :ok:

http://www.flightglobal.com/airspace/photos/allan/images/26284/gulfair-777-300er.jpg

Gulf Bus
1st Feb 2009, 07:12
At last we are getting a real aircraft again!

MELDreamer
1st Feb 2009, 10:38
Bull****.. What registration was it? Where was it parked?OK, I acknowledge I may have been mistaken. I'm not infallible
I caught it out of the corner of my eye whilst I was landing on rw12L. :eek:
I didn't see the registration. It was parked in amongst the Johnson's DC-8s/Royal Flight and GulfAir aprons.
It was not there when I departed a couple of hours later.
I also found the picture above on the internet whilst attempting to verify my sighting. I'm not prone to making wild claims. I hope the picture isn't a 'photoshop' creation by the website from where it came. Despite possible doubts I chose to trust myself and go ahead with the post.
I rate my aircraft recognition highly. Certainly a B773 doesn't present a problem. However, for the above reason, I could always have been mistaken. If it turns out I was, I apologise. :{
Mr.RadarC, it seems you are in the right place to possibly verify my sighting. We'll just have to see!

PAR31
1st Feb 2009, 10:56
MELDreamer

if this is where you found the pic then the name of the site it's explaining everything:

Aviation Design - Modified Airliner Photos Gulf Air Boeing 777-300 Combo (http://www.cardatabase.net/modifiedairlinerphotos/search/photo_search.php?id=00011173)
:ugh::ugh::ugh:

BTW I saw this one in Everett - Snohomish County / Paine Field wile I was taxing out
Aviation Design - Modified Airliner Photos Gulf Air Boeing 777-300 Combo (http://www.cardatabase.net/modifiedairlinerphotos/search/photo_search.php?id=00008217)
:}:}:}

T O G A Boy
1st Feb 2009, 11:20
well nowadays everyone is talking about 777's and that they going to apply for it. I also heard that the first batch are expected to go to mumbai to get the rating. How true it is, i dont really know. But i suppose we'll all have to wait and see.

ODMEA
2nd Feb 2009, 00:34
Will the Jet 777's be going to GAMCO Engineering for seat panel scratching, application of duct tape, carpet, wall and curtain staining along with lav defacing? I also think they will be having AVOD taken out to be replaced with 12 video channels of which only 8 will work.

This would be in keeping with GF cabin consistency with the rest of the fleet - consistancy - the sign of a professional carrier:ouch:

Any of you GF guys gonna place bets on how long it will be before GAMCO gets its hands on the 777's, stuff's them up and they start going tech, once again in keeping with GF fleet tech stats.

:8

Left Coaster
2nd Feb 2009, 08:38
Wow...thought you were a GF fan?

buba
2nd Feb 2009, 09:47
odmea is right, lately i'd rather travel on EY

wapses
2nd Feb 2009, 12:51
Well said ODMEA. Great post!

Cam32
2nd Feb 2009, 13:21
I'm not betting till they get here :E

A300Man
2nd Feb 2009, 14:41
I wondered why I was seeing Jet Airways A330's landing in Dubai at odd times of the day - is 9W operating some A330's for GF, still in the full 9W livery?

Also, I guess that's why some GF flight's are timetabled (according to their website) to be currently operating on A330-300!! (although, I thought the 9W machines were -200 series??)

Cheers.

ODMEA
2nd Feb 2009, 20:37
A few years ago GF's F class was the best value in the region for service and product both hard and soft relative to price paid. They have let that deteriorate, let alone their rude and disrespectful treatment of their most loyal of pax - hence my 'constructive criticism'.

There are a few really great and professional people at GF, however, it's clear they are drowining in overwhelming incompetence as well as swimming against the tide.:sad:

I agree with the parliment..why has nothing changed in 2 years??:confused: I would have gladly remained loyal to GF but guys it takes two to tango something GF clearly disregards. Anyway I have voted with my feet and wallet.

Oddy.

MasMamak
3rd Feb 2009, 03:52
Who is bull ****ting, MelDreamer or Radar Contact? It amazes me how fast some people shoot off without checking.............:ugh::ugh::ugh: oops, me too!

devil333
28th Feb 2009, 13:32
Yup!!! They have at least 2 wet leased B777 from Jet Airways. Anyones guess as to how long the Jet pilots will be with the aircraft in Bahrain. The pilots have been Based in Bahrain for at least 2 weeks now.:D

devil333
28th Feb 2009, 13:36
As long as GAMCO don't burn this bird down like they did to a neighbouring airline's A300 a few years ago. Why compete in the air when you can burn your competitors out of business on the ground. Ouch..

Che Guevara
28th Feb 2009, 13:37
Anyones guess as to how long the Jet pilots will be with the aircraft in Bahrain
Yes, 6 months.

Jet II
28th Feb 2009, 14:06
As long as GAMCO don't burn this bird down like they did to a neighbouring airline's A300 a few years ago. Why compete in the air when you can burn your competitors out of business on the ground. Ouch..

Are GAMCO doing the maintenance? :sad:

Che Guevara
28th Feb 2009, 14:23
Are GAMCO doing the maintenance?

For what it is worth, the rumour is ST Aerospace...can't be worse than GAMCO......or can they?

Chao

A300Man
28th Feb 2009, 16:48
I would like to predict - quietly yet proudly - a return to good fortune for GF and a resurgence of passenger load that has somewhat deserted the carrier of late. Don't ask me why, but I feel there is a more than slim chance that GF may rule the Arabian skies again in a few (5+) years time!!

Why? Let's just say - we in the industry, who have to stake our lives on how things will proceed henceforth, are very conscious of complacency.

Complacency doesn't cultivate success. Fu*king it up and having to start all over again DOES - somehow - tend towards success.

Wait and see. And GF'ers, be proud of the 777's and look upon them as the first step towards something better. I know they are originally 9W and full of ludicruous marble galleys and teak F class suites etc, but your bosses are trying hard because they know they MUST. They know that GF must again strive to rise above the ridicule that has become of recent years of folly. The Camels, Oryx and Falcons of the UAE and Qatar are mere (complacent) newcomers. There is only one "Golden" Falcon in the region and surely those of you employed by Gulf Air need need to take a step back and stop being so aggressive towards the hand that feeds?

ironbutt57
28th Feb 2009, 17:02
thnks Oddy... for telling the folks on this forum, the ones who try their best to keep all you aboard...the ones who have no control other than making sure you safety is second to none...now go running home to mommy and cry and buy your next ticket on whom ever...and go complain on the forum to folks who can actually do something about it...and leave us low lifes to do our professional job and keep our passengers safe, if not entertained...thanks for the kick in the cojones...sure it will make things better...

Firbolgs
28th Feb 2009, 18:12
Jet were desperate to get those 777 into anywhere, lets hope GF have thought it through and its not the GF Old boys back door network working!!:E

As for the 9W 777s bringing GF back to its glory days...hmmmm:rolleyes:

Radar Contact
28th Feb 2009, 18:15
I wondered why I was seeing Jet Airways A330's landing in Dubai at odd times of the day - is 9W operating some A330's for GF, still in the full 9W livery?

Also, I guess that's why some GF flight's are timetabled (according to their website) to be currently operating on A330-300!! (although, I thought the 9W machines were -200 series??)

Cheers.

Yeah, GF leased 2 A330-200 (RR) from JAI (VT-JWD/VT-JWE) they are operating GF566 usually (3-4 PM arrival) the only thing from GF is the safety card and the sticker on the door.

GF IT department is not the best, eh :ugh: 330-300!! .. Might as well call it 394-200!

Cheers,
R.C

Cam32
28th Feb 2009, 19:35
Check out the aircraft stats in the GF magazine if that makes you :ugh:

ironbutt57
28th Feb 2009, 19:48
It's a short term wet lease radar contact....seems you are out of contact..squawk ident!!!!.wake up!!!

Radar Contact
28th Feb 2009, 20:12
I am the ATCO part so I would say sqwk ident :P

I heard by Aug, GF crew will be operating these beautiful machines :D

brassplate
1st Mar 2009, 12:31
what a sham this whole deal is!!! everyone is so excited about new planes that they have been blinded to see the dirty deals going on in the background.
why are we in bed with hameed alis jetairways when we can get cheaper 777s directly from boeing? why deal with someone with a tainted past in gf? who is on the take again at the cost of gf? is this the best deal possible?
hameed ali is in bed with the omanis as well!!! after the 330s are done with gf, they go straight to omanair!! is it prudent to deal with someone who is being paid by the competition?
does the useless, spineless, brainless, sterile, incompetent BN involved in any of this or is he, as always, just a spectating poster boy?
has anyone considered that the 777s might remain wetleased with no intention at all of being operated one day by gf pilots? if i was hameed ali, that's what i would do. keep it wetleased for as long as possible for maximum returns and therefore bigger bonus.
the point is why isn't anyone suspicious of these dealings? there is always someone getting rich from them at the expense and health of the company!!!

Che Guevara
1st Mar 2009, 14:18
when we can get cheaper 777s directly from boeing?

Are you sure about that?

A300 man, thanks for your vote of confidence....and good luck to you!
We live in hope and try to keep the glass at least half full..

ssflyer
1st Mar 2009, 16:25
Posted this on the" Gulf developments" thread .
Thought it would be useful to repost here.
Will let you know my views on my four paid sectors on my return.
Always been a big Gulf fan and would agree with many comments , especially "Great airline,top service,worst hardware" posted by Sal-e.

"Am PAX on GF2 in mid March and have been advised that my seats have changed and it is the 777.
Pics of suites look very encouraging, if the FA's see anyone with a camera out
( pointing at the food and seats , not staff of course) it could be me.
Will let you all know what it is like a customer- used to enjoy the 330 ,the 340 on my return leg will be a bit of a let down ,methinks."

boiler
2nd Mar 2009, 06:59
hameed ali is in bed with the omanis as well!!! after the 330s are done with gf, they go straight to omanair!!

Dude, take it easy. What has got to do with WY? The 9W deal was a sort-term lease only in order for GF to get its affairs in order. It was never intended to stay-long-term. Wet-lease usually is 'short-term'.

has anyone considered that the 777s might remain wetleased with no intention at all of being operated one day by gf pilots?

Can't happen for 2 main reasons:

1) Rules and regulations in India state a wet-lease can only be for 6 months.
2) A wet-lease operation costs you no less than double that of a dry-lease. I doubt GF will be able to wet-lease such an aircraft for 3 years even if the Indian authorities allowed you to do so.

Che Guevara
2nd Mar 2009, 15:13
Furthermore, there is absolutely no reason to wetlease when we have crews readfily available to fly them....with the gradual phasing out of the older 340s, crewing them is not going to be a problem.

ODMEA
3rd Mar 2009, 00:56
For ever action there is an equal recation......Iron I really don't like being negative, however, this is one of the only forums I know GF mgt reads and actaully responds directly and adresses my issues. The official contacts for GF have been usless and I am treated like a moron, despite my status. Moreover I say it as I see it. I fly a hell of a lot and have switched my allegiance to my own national carrier for sanity and I can tell you I am treated a hell of a lot better than GF ever treated me, even in the most senior tier of their flawed and dishonest FF programme.

One can only turn the other cheek so many times and I can assure you I did that several times with GF. The slaps then started to really hurt so I walked-simple. GF did nothing to ask why I walked let alone try retain my loyalty. I agree it comes across poorly esp when I know the boys do a great job up front and as I have said in previous posts always made sure I got home safe. Enough is simply enough. I am not contracted by GF- I was paying good money, thus much easier for me to walk away that you perhaps. I suffered lots of ridicule from other collegues for sticking by GF when the likes of EK and QR were there for the taking. I think I did my bit for GF.

In summation, GF has NO concept it takes TWO to tango.:ouch:
I still wish GF all the best, I honestly do, I'm just not wasting time, money or effort with them while they are in this state of nothingness.

Oddy

rumrunner69
3rd Mar 2009, 09:51
Saw her land last night on 30R, nice to see a 777 in GF livery!

sirwa69
3rd Mar 2009, 11:18
1st of 4 at airport now in shiny Gulf Air livery.
Wet leased but with GF cabin crew.
after 6 months onto dry lease with GF pilots
next 3 coming next month.

Mahmood Alsitri
3rd Mar 2009, 14:12
Hello

http://www.air.flyingway.com/up/mar/478282dc6a.jpg

Gulf Air receives first Boeing 777 aircraft
Leased aircraft to serve the airline’s long haul routes
Manama, Bahrain 03 March 2009: National carrier Gulf Air received the first of the four Boeing777- 300ER aircraft today as part of the airline’s re-fleeting and product-enhancement strategy. Two more aircraft are expected to join the airline’s fleet later this month while the fourth one will join in May.
Members of the senior management, lead by Chief Executive Officer Björn Näf and Deputy Chief Executive Officer Mr. Ismail Karimi, took a tour of the new aircraft that features state-of-the art interiors and a host of amenities offering a total of 312 seats in first, business and economy class.
The new aircraft’s First Class comes with a private suite with bespoke furnishing and a fully flat bed complete with a personal wardrobe, while the ‘herring-bone’ design Business Class offers a lie-flat bed with 180 degree recline, a privacy wall for personal space and world-class linens. Economy Class passengers will not be disappointed as the seats come with more leg space to stretch out, a 130-degree recline and an adjustable hammock headrest.
The aircraft, leased from Jet Airways, will be used on a number of routes including London, Kuala Lumpur, Bangkok and intra Gulf Routes, gradually replacing the Airbus 340s.
The wide body B777-300ER is the largest long-range twin-engine commercial airplane in the world.

stefan1138
3rd Mar 2009, 15:19
It seems there is no picture of this bird in the internet. I checked all airliner databases and aviation news sites, no picture :{.

If someone took a pic, please post.

thanx and regards Stefan

Che Guevara
3rd Mar 2009, 15:41
The new aircraft’s First Class comes with a private suite with bespoke furnishing and a fully flat bed

Business Class offers a lie-flat bed with 180 degree recline

Which ijit wrote this? :eek:

Mahmood Alsitri
3rd Mar 2009, 16:54
You will have some pictures tomorrow:ok:

stefan1138
3rd Mar 2009, 17:14
cool, I am looking forward to the picture.
:ok:
Regards Stefan

Radar Contact
3rd Mar 2009, 18:10
Anyone what's the REG? I heard it was VT-JEG

Mahmood Alsitri
4th Mar 2009, 10:29
sorry for bad picture quality

http://www.air.flyingway.com/up/mar/51df982175.jpg

http://www.air.flyingway.com/up/mar/0e8cf0bb91.jpg

sandyballs
4th Mar 2009, 18:19
How long before the seats are held together with speedtape :E

ssflyer
10th Mar 2009, 08:34
Just heard that first flight is planned for tomorrow am BAH/LHR GF007.
We will see.

Radar Contact
10th Mar 2009, 16:34
I wish PPRune wasn't full of journalists then I would tell you why VT-JEG is grounded :)

ssflyer
10th Mar 2009, 17:23
pm me-I am a pax booked on 002 this week,still showing 777.

A300Man
13th Mar 2009, 17:49
Gulf Air 77W at LHR. Me likey!! Lovely looking aircraft. Does it still possess the hideously uncomfortable 9W herringbone pattern J class seating though? And from the timetable and future booking, I note this aircraft used on the LHR route also has a F class cabin. Later this year on a trip to BKK, my GF 777 is only a two class layout. Are those also coming from Jet?

Photos: Boeing 777-35R/ER Aircraft Pictures | Airliners.net (http://www.airliners.net/photo/Gulf-Air-(Jet/Boeing-777-35R-ER/1497747/L/&width=1024&height=695&sok=&sort=&photo_nr=&prev_id=&next_id=)

sanook
14th Mar 2009, 06:02
When and where does the training start ?

Che Guevara
14th Mar 2009, 12:43
Rumour is that it will be in India....

MotoMoto
15th Mar 2009, 05:07
Training will be held by Jet Airways in India. Confirmed

sanook
15th Mar 2009, 06:45
Moto,
Jet doing the training ?

sec 3
15th Mar 2009, 07:45
I too saw the big Golden Condom in LHR, looks really good! Those of you going on it soon, enjoy !!:)

BuzzLightyears
15th Mar 2009, 13:07
simply beautiful

...and really agressive too with the golden falcon!

anybody knows how long it'll be flying for Gulf?

Che Guevara
15th Mar 2009, 13:15
Rumour is 4 aircraft 4 years...damp lease going dry after 6 months....

boiler
15th Mar 2009, 17:18
In a previously published article, it was 6 months damp lease then 3 years dry lease. 42 months total.

40&80
15th Mar 2009, 21:42
These B777 that GF have or will get....what make of engine are they fitted with?

Bombay HF
15th Mar 2009, 22:23
That's the nicest looking 777 i've ever seen:ok:

ironbutt57
16th Mar 2009, 08:26
They are fitted with gas turbine internal combustion engines that stop whining at the gate:}

bus787
16th Mar 2009, 15:07
Are the romours true that with the 777 Gulf air is also getting back H A??

Che Guevara
16th Mar 2009, 15:12
These B777 that GF have or will get....what make of engine are they fitted with?

They are GE

sanook
16th Mar 2009, 20:33
Motomoto check PM please

40&80
17th Mar 2009, 21:30
Thank you Che.

BuzzLightyears
18th Mar 2009, 13:01
who's now currently flying those 777?

Radar Contact
18th Mar 2009, 20:30
Jet pilots till GF trains their own (by Aug) ...

fullforward
19th Mar 2009, 06:24
Very unlikely: GF have no 777 on order so it would be pointless to train their own pilots on 777 (taking them from Airbus fleet), use them for 3 years and retrain them back to the Bus...
Airlines throughout the world today have a single major concern: costs.
So DECs will be recruited and Jet skippers will be offered a contract, as they will be readily available, trained and current on the aircraft.

Mephistopheles
19th Mar 2009, 09:20
fullforward, that sounds very very true especially when VPT C.R. & his dogs S.S. , H.S. , A.T. & S.A. have been overheard talking about this exact subject. So sorry guys, but whoever has dreams of flying the 777 they better either through their dream in the trash or go to one of our neighbors.

Albergineman
19th Mar 2009, 15:11
Let's wait what the COO and CP have to say about.

:{

Che Guevara
19th Mar 2009, 18:34
I certainly wouldn't bet my future on that.

3REDS
19th Mar 2009, 18:42
How many 777 do Jet Airways fly now under their own brand.
With Turkish and now Gulf it cant be that many.
I bet its the first time with these leases that the A/C has made any money for them.
It is a great aircraft to fly and the bean counters love it too.
You never know this might just kick start your airline to go on a little shopping trip over to Seattle.
Enjoy!! and I hope you guys get to have a go in her.

3REDS

Mephistopheles
20th Mar 2009, 08:08
Che Guevara,you should know that anything & everything is possible in GF. It just depends on the whims & desires of whoever is in the office at the time.

Che Guevara
20th Mar 2009, 10:28
Have to agree with that.

brassplate
22nd Mar 2009, 21:57
just when the excitement is at it's peak with a new type, here's another rumour to really take the wind off your sails.
wonder why it's taking so long for them to publish the names of the applicants for fleet transfer? gf seem to be getting cold feet about training their own guys for the b777.
in fact, the b777 is taking an early beating with big losses already registering so early in the piece.
of course gf has never had the big purses of the neighbours so any loss is a big loss. pity that they need nerves of steel every time they're developing a market or type.

brassplate
22nd Mar 2009, 22:01
to top it all up, hameed ali looks poised to take the reins of gf, a life long dream and ambition.
why doesn't he bring back sam sonier and the rest of his mafia and life long kindergarten friends? just like the good ole days, but with power!!

Mephistopheles
23rd Mar 2009, 10:26
I guess we, meaning GF, should never have jumped into bed with Jet Airways cuz there was always only one party that was going to get f***ed!!! Anyway a big welcome to all the new Jet Airways flightdeck & don't worry the "short" term contract that you will soon be offered will,in actual fact, turn out to be extended indefinately.
As to H.A. rejoining; who knows? Those that have been here sometime will know already know that anything & everything can be expected from the chosen ones that call themselves 'the board'.

surfer of desert
23rd Mar 2009, 12:27
Gulf Air is taking advantage of the global economic recession to renew its fleet. Chairman Talal Alzain said this was an ideal time to order new aircraft as many international airlines have stopped or delayed their deals with aircraft manufacturers. In preparation for renewing the fleet with 59 aircraft - 35 Airbus and 24 Boeing, Bahrain's national carrier has leased four new Boeing 777-300ER aircraft.

brassplate
23rd Mar 2009, 12:31
what's worse than flying an a320 from india with 20 pax?
flying a b777 from india with 20 pax.

bus787
23rd Mar 2009, 14:48
Surfer can u explain his reasoning.

To benefit Gf should buy aircraft at cheap price.

leasing will not help much as the state of the economy is temporary.

When business picks up the lease price will go up as well.

No wonder with people like this guy running it GF will continue in the same Dire State since a decade.

boiler
23rd Mar 2009, 15:44
When business picks up the lease price will go up as well.
Not necessarily. The lease price could be fixed and does not have to change depending on the economy. If GF is smart, it will negotiate for a very cheap price given the state of the world economy.

brassplate
25th Mar 2009, 07:47
negotiate? c'mon gf couldn't organise a f^$ at seashells.
the ceos latest 'urgency' message rings hollow with the current structure of the company. they haven't even come up with the 777 transfer list with the wetlease period date brought forward.
meanwhile, the planes are a quarter full on average and the million a day losses will only go up because the incompetent commercial and marketing clowns can't do their jobs.

bus787
25th Mar 2009, 09:31
Boiler this reasoning only works if GF is not part of the world Economic Crisis.

Gf was in crisis for the past decade and it is even more now from the latest news.

Who in his right state of mind leases new aircraft in an airline which is cancelling destinations??

Seems the present CEO knows what is happening but the usual local mentality continue to deny it.

To solve a problem you first need to accept and admit that you have one.

left_to_first_class
25th Mar 2009, 16:11
Aren't the B777 suppose to be replacing the A340?
The routes being chopped in India are operated by A320 if I am not mistaken, so yes you can lease new aircraft and chop unprofitable routes as long as the aircraft type is not the same.:)

Firbolgs
25th Mar 2009, 18:58
Cmon guys GF cant afford to buy a/c so the only way to get the boys a bachander is to lease some in !! :}......keeps everybody happy! :E

sheryas777
27th Mar 2009, 16:13
Hot very hot news, roumers came out this evening delivered by my young pretty bird telling me that Abu Dhabi has taken over Jet airways.
I wish if my good friend Arish Goal or someone from his office can denay, confirm

Radar Contact
27th Mar 2009, 16:55
You mean Tina?

lpokijuhyt
27th Mar 2009, 18:10
Hi,
I applied to basically every airline in the region including Gulf Air. Type Rated in B744, B747, LR-Jet, IA-Jet. Total time just under 4000. JAA and FAA ATPL licensed. Have flown in and out of this region several times.
Do I not meet the min. requirements for GulfAir because I dont have time in 777 or A320?
Heck, I even applied to Saudi Arabian because their website said they need 747 people... and I can't get a reply. Do you think some of these companies simply do not update their webpages?
I also applied everywhere in Europe, Asia and the Americas.
Is it true that if a person has 10,000 hours in a B744 and he is applying at a company that operates the 777 and A320, that he/she cannot even get an interview? I guess 10 hours in an A320 or 737 is more valuable than a million hours in a widebody? Do these companies think that it is impossible to train somebody to fly a different type of aircraft. Heck, even if you got experience in the aircraft a particular company operates, you are still going to have to go through the training like everybody else...right?
I know that there are folks out there who have way more experience. I think I just have time in the wrong aircraft:*

Mephistopheles
27th Mar 2009, 18:44
coolio545, I really don't think it is ethical of you to be asking details about one of our crew members. Last time I checked this was a pilot's rumour site not a dating site for horny internet geeks! I sincerely hope that no one gives this poor girl's details to you. In some countries what you are asking could be considered cyber stalking.
lpokijuhyt, things happen very slowly here so just be patient. Also I believe that there is alot of re-thinking in the pink palace about our fleet &, hence our crewing needs.

Panama Jack
28th Mar 2009, 12:33
lpokijuhyt,

The "entry-level" aircraft at Gulf Air is the A320. There are no direct hires to any other fleet type, nor to the left seat. Presently, Gulf Air is taking hiring only experienced A320 pilots. It is working to Gulf Air's advantage-- there are highly experienced A320 pilots out there, who have recently lost their jobs or are worried about their future job security.

If you were running an airline you would do the same, in the same way that if you have a Toyota, you would prefer to go to the Toyota shop for repairs and not the Lexus or BMW service centre.

By the way, the quality of the applicants GF is getting is quite high-- all have hundreds if not thousands of hours on A320's, and even total time and licensure equivalent or superior to what you have. A fresh A320 rating from one of the Type-shops (or even 10 hours on type) will probably not get you an interview at GF these days.

If you have 747 time and 4000 hours TT, congratulations, you've done very well in your career. Unfortunately, yes, you don't have the qualifications that are being sought at the moment. Be patient (it is now a buyer's market). One day they will probably loosen the requirements again according to market conditions.

In the meantime, good luck in your job hunt.

stefan1138
28th Mar 2009, 13:37
So when will the next 777 be delivered to GF? And when will the first one of the new leased 330s be delivered?

Thanks and regards Stefan

samjetblaster
30th Mar 2009, 17:25
When is the list of Pilots to be transferred to B777 going to be out???Any rumours??

fullforward
30th Mar 2009, 19:43
...I wouldn't hold my breathe waiting for this ever happen...please read the previous posts.:=

Do-27
30th Mar 2009, 20:09
Hi to everyone!!

Just to inform that all the trainig courses of the new A320 rated pilots from 1st April ´ve been canceled....:mad:;

They just told me 20 days before joinig my training start....:sad:, and received the e-mail 4 hours after leaving my companie!!!....:mad:;

So now ..... let´s see what is next. Wish the best to all the collegues in the same situation!!.

NIK_
30th Mar 2009, 20:50
Hi,

I am in the same situation like you, they informed me today (starting day 27th).I dunno what to say, I am speechless!!!i have resigned from my current job, but I am still flying and there might be a chance for me to stay with my company because we don´t have enough FOs, anyway, it´s incredible! Thank you GF!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Not a good day for us:yuk:

PAR31
31st Mar 2009, 06:58
Hello,

there she is....KJ

Photos: Airbus A330-243 Aircraft Pictures | Airliners.net (http://www.airliners.net/photo/Untitled-(Gulf-Air)/Airbus-A330-243/1501283&tbl=&photo_nr=0&sok=&sort=&prev_id=&next_id=1386698)

Par31:ok:

Sultan85
31st Mar 2009, 14:02
hi par31

is it new?

Radar Contact
31st Mar 2009, 15:58
Yeah, It's new :)

Is this the NTU XL frame?

Chuck Y
31st Mar 2009, 18:16
It seems the wind direction has swiftly changed here hence I have been reliably told that the beautiful, wonderful & extraordinary B777 will not be here much longer!!!
How about that for a quick about-face?
I guess the minds upstairs have realized that all is not well with the world.

bus787
1st Apr 2009, 14:08
I told you this in my previous thread but all went against me.
It is insane to lease aircraft in the present economy situation.
Or is it that bahrain is not part of it?

left_to_first_class
1st Apr 2009, 15:37
Ok someone explain this...
101MAYLHRBKK‡GF«
01MAY FRI LHR/Z‡1 BKK/‡6
1GF* 2 F4 A3 J7 C7 D7 Y7 LHRBAH 1000A 635P 777 L 0 /E
H7 K7 M7 L7 Q7 V7
OPERATED BY JET AIRWAYS INDIA
2GF* 150 F7 A7 J7 C7 D7 Y7 BKK 845P 750A‡1 777 D 0 /E
H7 K7 M7 L7 Q7 V7
OPERATED BY JET AIRWAYS INDIA

So although its a GF flight number and wet leased aircraft in GF colour, our distribution department doesn't want to raise the expectation of our customers that's it the new GF product so advertises it as 9W :ugh::ugh::ugh:

boiler
1st Apr 2009, 18:08
FYI when it is a wet leased aircraft, it is compulsory to put such a notice in the reservation system. The reason is that it is an Indian registered aircraft. Should GF go to a dry lease, the aircraft would then be registered in BAH and the notice would be removed.

brassplate
1st Apr 2009, 20:39
here's another great proposal set by some wise ass that gf might take advantage of. wouldn't they just love to do it!!!

New CPRL offers airlines money-saving opportunity - Flight Training News (http://www.flighttrainingnews.co.uk/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=66&Itemid=1)

CedarJet
1st Apr 2009, 21:57
PAR 31

I guess Airbus will deliver KJ in the charter config it was originally ordered (3/3/3) economy class. Any idea where KJ and the ex MEA A330's cabin will be re configured?
Did GF start operating the first A330 coming from MEA? A9C-KH (ex: F-OMEB)

left_to_first_class
2nd Apr 2009, 07:59
Thanks for the clarification Boilermaker.
Who said Pprune wasn't educational!

ODMEA
3rd Apr 2009, 01:02
How dare they take them 777's away before GF engineers have had the opportunity to ruin them..at least give GF time to apply duct tape somewhere! preferably on some armrests where the paying premium F & J pax can see it (and feel it when the tape starts to peel away after having been there for months):ouch:

Oddy

A300Man
3rd Apr 2009, 16:52
ODMEA, I note some reservations systems (Amadeus) listing a mixture of leased airlines on GF's 777 operations in the coming months. The updated routes (to LHR, BKK, KUL and MNL) are listed with GF flight numbers but identified as "operated by Jet Airways India" and on some routes - mainly MNL - listed as "operated by Air-India". !!!!

Could this be a typo, one wonders, or will there really be some AI 77L / 77W / 772 joining the GF fleet????????

If so, one hopes it is not the latter (772). Those are ex-UA machines and are real heaps of s**t, and already have duct-tape applied throughout the F and J cabins!! The AI 77W and 77L aircraft are, on the other hand, wonderful inside.

I suspect it is a typo, however, and should be Jet Airways. Can anyone confirm?