PDA

View Full Version : Interesting Airports?

hogespa28
15th Jun 2008, 07:42
Looking for ideas for interesting places to fly and around Victoria and NSW. Be it somewhere with an decent burger within walking distance, a challenging approach, maybe a hard to find strip or a something nice and short (with a nearby diversion for if I give up!)

We all know of Brown Brothers so lets think a little harder.

How about the Lat Long challenge? Give me the coordinates and I'll take a photo of it tomorrow... No GPS though, that would be cheating.

Lasiorhinus
15th Jun 2008, 07:57
Sausages are a dollar at lunchtime on Saturdays and no landing fees, at 38°12′26″S, 146°28′13″E.

hogespa28
15th Jun 2008, 08:57
Will be there with my $3 Dollars come saturday...

r sole
15th Jun 2008, 13:29
try barwon heads and see neighbour if u want overnight accomodation theres a van right on site

Aussie
15th Jun 2008, 19:52
I remember Wollongong was a nice place to drop into, with a Cafe at the airport, food not tooo bad, was a few years ago now...

liklik_balus
16th Jun 2008, 01:00
.......still is, still there, still not too bad.

Park the 'plane right out the front and watch the boys at HARS playing with all their toys while you have lunch.

PLovett
16th Jun 2008, 08:11
I thought the cafe at Armidale airport was very good when I was through there a couple of times in 2000. The local berry farm had it then and used to do home made cakes and other mouth watering things with the fruit.:ok:

jetbrett
16th Jun 2008, 10:46
I havent been there for a while but the last time I went to Tooradin it was nice. Good tucker as they have fresh seafood come in almost every morning I believe. Strip and airport not overly different or exciting, good on a nice sunny weekend sitting on their balcony watching the weekend warriors!! Only a hop skip and jump from MB.

If someone has been there recently please enlighten me as to what the food quality is like these days!

Brett

man on the ground
16th Jun 2008, 10:54
Try Mt Beauty; good strip, nice view of a big mountain off the end of the strip, and a short walk into a lovely little mountain village.

Flying Binghi
16th Jun 2008, 11:13
try barwon heads and see neighbour if u want overnight accomodation theres a van right on site

r sole, LOL, now thats funny.

somewhere with an decent burger

You'll have to come to Queensland for that ;)

hogespa28
16th Jun 2008, 11:43
Mt Beauty look great, Google earth really is amazing! Will be in Queensland in a couple of weeks so will compare burgers.

CAR256
17th Jun 2008, 00:44
I liked Mitta Mitta (if its still there), you can camp over the road right next to the river, and walsh's strip in Mansfield.