PDA

View Full Version : Perception of the AOA

flyboy007
14th Jun 2008, 14:54
As a relatively new-ish joiner to Cx, I have a couple of questions;

Why is there no attempt or contact by the AOA, in effort to recruit new joiners? It appears to me that the problem people have with the AOA is that because not all pilots are members, it limits the power of the association. This in turn leads people to take the decision to not join, (or not take the decision to join as the case may be), which in turn further limits the power/effectiveness of the AOA. And so continues the cycle. Is there nothing that can be done to try and encourage new joiners to become AOA members? A more direct approach? Or is this not allowed?

I am not 'having a go' at the AOA but merely asking the question.

Cheers, all the best

XFR8
14th Jun 2008, 16:17
The mismanagement at CX refuses to provide details of new joiners to the AOA office. The Crew room however has all the details you need.
The AOA office has for years tried to gain access to new joiners. Despite the spin from mismanagement that they want to work with the union, they do everything in their power to limit membership and discredit the AOA.:ugh:.

The 'union' gets flamed on this forum regularly. What these detractors seem to forget is that the union is made up of members. 100% ACTIVE membership would ensure the views of the pilot group were at least represented to the management. Standing on the sidelines criticising (even if some of the critiscm is justified) helps absolutely no-one.

Lots of good work is done by the VOLUNTEERS on the cte especially on the tech side. Unfortunately whilst the membership numbers remain low, our industrial clout remains at zero.

I suggest you join, get your mates to join, try and make a difference.

The lack of membership since the 49ers were fired has meant losing out on the recent good times and we approach some hard times ahead. A more representative union is going to be important.

The Management
14th Jun 2008, 22:30
If any new joiner has direct contact from the AOA we will consider this intimidation and deal with the AOA President directly and promptly.

Please report this directly to the GMA or your Chief Pilot.

We have graciously given the AOA access to the crew room and we believe that will suffice.

Management will continue to work with the AOA on issues that will benefit The Cathay Pacific Group.

To My Bonus.

The Management

Bob Hawke
17th Jun 2008, 06:15
Is this guy for real?:confused:

simplex
17th Jun 2008, 17:18
I think The Management is for real.
The AOA? Putting your contract backwards. A waste of time and money.
Ask a 49er.