PDA

View Full Version : PPRuNe Server so slow Today Fri 13 Jun'08

Out Of Trim
13th Jun 2008, 14:28
Anyone else finding the PPRuNe server is ultra slow today? It's seems to be taking a good minute to display a page.

Currently, there appears to be only 190 users on-line, so it can't be too many users on-line!

I've had no problems on other websites today; so, can only conclude that something is not quite right at the server. :sad:

Wodrick
13th Jun 2008, 16:00
Me too, yesterday and today in the afternoons, as I type it seems to be returning to normal again. I've been blaming BT !

Newforest2
13th Jun 2008, 16:22
No only BT, also Deutsche telecom, very slow page loading, in fact gave up earlier!

Saab Dastard
13th Jun 2008, 17:14
It's a known problem with the PPRuNe servers that IB admin are looking into.

SD

Carrier
13th Jun 2008, 20:24
In addition to the slowness, the need to log on has gradually increased to being required every time I want to check the latest. It does not matter which computer or connection I use and the settings are unchanged. This adds extra time. I often do not have the time to waste so go straight to another site, such as deleted or deleted
I wonder how much traffic PPRuNe is losing with this annoying log on requirement just to read, not post. Would the administrators kindly get rid of this annoyance.

BRL
13th Jun 2008, 20:55
It has been happening for a few days now. around 1pm uk time to late afternoon seems to be the worst and as Saab Says the IT bods at IB are looking into it.

Has anyone been having the 'Database Error' at all?

ZH875
13th Jun 2008, 21:17

Quite often, over the last few days, but yesterday and this morning was a complete waste of time.

14th Jun 2008, 06:40

You're not alone....And the slow speed was a problem too.

ZFT
14th Jun 2008, 10:02
BRL,

Same here too.

Dysonsphere
14th Jun 2008, 15:29
Still damm slow and only PPrune havnt had database error since Friday.

G-CPTN
14th Jun 2008, 16:53
Lateral reasoning, maybe, but, in addition to the PPRuNe slowness I'm having serious problems with BBC News videos, which only run for five to six seconds before 'holding' for up to a minute then five to six seconds more.
So far I don't attribute this to the broadband connection (which seems fine on other URLs and also BBC text), however I've recently upgraded AVG from 7 to 8 (and this now seems to be integrated with my Firefox browser).
I haven't yet disabled AVG, but I offer this suspicion to others for comment . . .

InternetDestroyer is the same BTW, as is Opera.

No problems with Youtube.

G-CPTN
14th Jun 2008, 17:49
Guess what folks - uninstalled AVG 8 - BBC News videos working OK now - coincidence or what?

CherokeeDriver
15th Jun 2008, 09:39
The only AV product I've found that seems not to kill my PC is Kapersky. Norton killed my old laptop so badly it took 30 seconds to open up Internet Explorer! At times it seems you're better off getting a virus and dealing with it rather than running AV software!

RiscOS
16th Jun 2008, 14:03
For the past two hours have had the slowest response from the servers that I've experienced. After clicking, I'm waiting two to three minutes for the server to respond, after which the transfer is very fast. (I'm on dial up.)

Perhaps the system is clogged up with fish puns !!!

RiscOS

Guest 112233
16th Jun 2008, 14:32
Asteroid hits Earth 1 Billion PPRUNERS incenerated everyone else OK - Space ship assembled and launched while PPRUNERS were waiting to access and get their daily peep at PPRUNE - for heavens sake what is happening with your server administration these days ? - Its been in decline for months. Please mods can we have an honest answer. The value of PPRUNE depends as much on its topicality as it does on the (rare these days) access to informed opinion on technical matters - Disgruntled CATIII-NDB SLF - flying MOL air on Thursday so my week is already looking a sod.:ouch:

forget
16th Jun 2008, 15:58
The only AV product I've found that seems not to kill my PC is Kapersky.

Agree. Started using it a couple of weeks ago. Excellent- and it's 'free' for a year if you buy an ink cartidge at a rock bottom price!

Lynxon
16th Jun 2008, 16:01
Not sure if it helps but where it displays “waiting for pprune.org” in the bottom left corner, I had “read www.hongkongfm.net (http://www.hongkongfm.net/)” then database error. This has happened twice at approx 16:15

Saab Dastard
16th Jun 2008, 16:27
Not sure if it helps but where it displays “waiting for pprune.org” in the bottom left corner, I had “read www.hongkongfm.net” then database error. This has happened twice at approx 16:15

Thanks - you may have noticed that Hong Kong FM is one of the banner ads on the PPRuNe site. It's innocent, but thanks for noticing and notifying!

SD

tubby linton
17th Jun 2008, 13:26
The board is very slow again today.I had the database error twice yesterday and again today.

Bern Oulli
17th Jun 2008, 15:55
Still incredibly slow today (1655Z), and had the Database Error twice when trying to change from Page 1 to Page 2 of a thread. Never did get to Page 2.

BOAC
17th Jun 2008, 16:46
Maybe time to rename the site 'P PoRRidge'?

airsound
18th Jun 2008, 20:55
Have had all of the above symptoms - and then yesterday, a PM from Danny, no less, telling me I'd changed my email and why hadn't I told PPRuNe, and would I do so soonest. Also that I would have to reset all my thread registrations etc.

Well. I hadn't changed anything, and my email was working fine, and was still registered in my User CP correctly. Tried to respond to Danny, but found him unable to accept PMs. Happened to have an email addy for him, so sent a reply explaining the above. Also reset all my registrations.

No reply from him. And I'm no longer getting email notifications of replies to registered threads. And it's still desperately slow. And I keep getting database errors

Is this the end of civilisation as we know it?

airsound

Saab Dastard
18th Jun 2008, 21:55
Internet Brands, who own and operate PPRuNe are aware of the problems, have found a fault with some servers and are working on a fix.

Hopefully the symptoms we have all been experiencing we soon be a thing of the past.

SD