PDA

View Full Version : SAA jump seat authority

4PW's
12th Jun 2008, 22:36
G'day fellas,

I'm with Singapore Cargo.

My roster has me on a firm basis, company-paid SAA ticket from JNB to NBO next week.

On arrival NBO, we layover for a few days before picking up a rostered flight to AMS.

Here's the rub:

I want to layover in JNB and stay with some friends, not layover in NBO as rostered. Company are helping me out but can only get me a space available ticket on the day I want to go JNB NBO.

Hanging out in JNB on my own steam without a firm space to NBO is a big chance to take. I'd be toast if I didn't get a seat and didn't make my rostered flight.

Does SAA allow jump seat travel for pilots of other airlines (if the plane is full on the day)? If I could secure an approval, that'd be solid.

Is there a procedure for this at check-in, or can I get the attention of one of you SAA pilots, here?

Cheers :cool:

777Contrail
13th Jun 2008, 06:38
No.:=

No way.:ouch:

divinehover
13th Jun 2008, 07:22
Contact SAAPA (SAA Pilot Association). They might have some better info for you. I think it's a long shot though.

SAAPA- +27 (0)11 390 3725

e-mail- [email protected] ([email protected])

4PW's
13th Jun 2008, 07:30
Cheers mate.

Rang the SAAPA.

As with all our airlines these days, the privilege is only for company pilots.

Thanks all the same. :ok:

The Actuator
13th Jun 2008, 09:20
I'd be willing to bet the Captain concerned would allow you and guarantee you a space on the jumpseat in the cabin though, sometimes it's all in the phraseology. Nobody jumps to NBO so space shouldn't be a problem - surely one of the SAA 800 crew on here could help??? I would post the same message on avcom. Best of...

Bluebull
13th Jun 2008, 15:20
Jumpseat at PIC discression, on cabin crew jump seat only-no flight deck access! Speak to PIC in advance through SAA flight ops.NOT AT CHECK IN!

Gyro Nut
13th Jun 2008, 21:10
4PW'S, if you haven't come right yet, PM me, and I'll try and organise you a jumpseat in the cabin. Give me the date you want to fly JNB-NBO.

4PW's
14th Jun 2008, 05:21
G'day fellas,

Real good of youse to assist.

Will PM, though I understand no guarantees.

Next time you're in Oz (or Singapore), gimme a call.

Beta Light
14th Jun 2008, 11:02
gimme a call.
.............. and a C.V.

4PW's
15th Jun 2008, 17:12
Thanks Gyro Nut.

PM in your bank.