PDA

View Full Version : Year 12 bridging courses

Bigglesx
12th Jun 2008, 03:09
G'day all, can anyone out there give me some first hand info on year twelve bridging courses?, like how much?, degree of difficulty?, and time to complete? I am looking at employment with Qantaslink as trainee FO but would need to complete bridging course in Maths and English to get a look in. Thanks. :ok:

Speedbird 9
12th Jun 2008, 06:16
http://qantaslink.bfound.net/det-contact.aspx?jobid=58265&CoId=189&rq=4
Scroll down to the bottom of the page and voila.

Mr.Buzzy
12th Jun 2008, 06:38
I hear there is a tunelling course and for the gifted...... a dam course!

bbbbbbbbbbbbzzzzzzzzzzzzzzbbbbbbbbbbbbbbzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

Bigglesx
12th Jun 2008, 10:18
Maybe I need to be more specific, any FIRST HAND info from anyone who has, themselves, completed any of the mentioned courses?

WannaBeBiggles
13th Jun 2008, 02:15
Haven't done the course myself, but have heard nothing but good things about Dr Steven Holdings course :ok:

rvert1
13th Jun 2008, 10:26
cheers, good on ya chaps:yuk:

The PM
13th Jun 2008, 11:15
I had no problems with the WAAC maths/physics courses. 3 weeks or so of hard work and very long nights to complete both, yes, but it is certainly do-able.The course I did back in 2002 had a great group of around 15 guys and 1 girl who all stayed in the chalets and we helped each other out.All passed both exams first go, except for the one guy who thought he knew more than the lecturer.

Ted Nugent
13th Jun 2008, 13:36
Yep passed WAAC Maths, yeah it wasn’t easy but if you put in the work you shouldn’t have a problem, remember the pass mark is only 50%. With a mix of diploma and external students on my course the only ones who failed were the guys who went out on the piss every night!