PDA

View Full Version : HACS contracts

AirMicronesia
11th Jun 2008, 21:50
Hey guys,

For anyone who has ever done a HACS contract (or PARC/Rishworth/etc.)...

The contracts stipulate a timeline. If for some reason you are unable to complete the contract, what happens? Is there a large financial penalty/chinese water torture/etc.?

Thanks,

AirMike

LindbergB767
12th Jun 2008, 05:25
Hi No torture
If you give them 2 to 3 months notice No problem

AirMicronesia
12th Jun 2008, 09:15
Good to hear. I almost started my waterboard resistance training. Lindbergh, are you on a HACS contract currently? How has the treatment been? I'm interested in the 737-500 captain position and it seems like an okay deal for the wife and I. Thanks for the info.

AirMike

LindbergB767
12th Jun 2008, 23:46
No I am not with them but heard they are good
I am with Parc on a commuting contract in Japan

LarryDCableGuy
15th Jun 2008, 21:56
How's the Japanese medical?

AirMicronesia
16th Jun 2008, 02:40
From what I've read on HACS, you will need a BMI under 30 for the All Nippon contracts. Otherwise if you aren't overweight, it sounds like it's a thorough physical with hearing/vision/blood work/urine test/balance tests.

On the subject of breaking the contract with 2-3 months notice...is it fair to say that you will never work for that contract company again if you do need to bow out of the contract early? The reason this is an issue is because company offered leaves of absence can be cancelled at any time. If that happens, I would be required to resign from my current company if I didn't break my contract the contracting company. I would rather not take the contract to begin with if there was going to be repercussions. It's not worth burning a bridge over.