PDA

View Full Version : Cant access Hotmail...

Le Pen
4th Dec 2001, 16:25
Hi,

Am having some problems getting my Hotmail account up....
I can get to the page where it asks for name and password but no further.

Also having the same problem with some other sites ie Amazon, when I get to the page where you give your details it wont get any further. just get to the screen that says you cant access this page.

anyone outthere with any ideas.

thanks

LP

G.Khan
5th Dec 2001, 00:37
I had this problemm too. I then downloaded the Opera browser and configured it to "Accept all Cookies", (unlike IE6 which I have configured to accept first party Cookies but to reject third party Cookies), low and behold, no problem, back into Hotmail! (tried re-configuring IE6 but didn't work as I must have previously elected to reject a Cookie 'Permanently', one of the options with IE 5.5(?) and 6).
I now use Opera for Hotmail and have downloaded Window Washer for Opera from http://www.webroot.com It is a small utility that will clean and shred all files and cookies after you have finished surfing, it is one of many such utilities and Webroot also produce a more expensive programme that will clean IE, Netscape and Opera.
Alternatively, Hotmail are reviewing customer accounts now and deleting those that don't use the service much/recently.
Hope this helps.

[ 04 December 2001: Message edited by: G.Khan ]

[ 04 December 2001: Message edited by: G.Khan ]

Le Pen
6th Dec 2001, 18:54
Hi,

Aisleman, no, no firewalls......it was ok a couple of weeks ago.

Mr. Khan, Sir. Great utillity there with windows washer. Cleared 200 Mb of junk on my HDD. But no luck with the other sites or hotmail. Accessed Hotmail today from a mate 'puter it was still there.

More help please

thanks

LP

dingducky
13th Dec 2001, 03:24
i find the if i use msn to get get to my hotmail i have to enter my password but if i type in hotmail in google and hit i feel lucky it takes me into my email without having to enter a password
odd