View Full Version : Criminal Record Confusion

adzzie
11th Jun 2008, 21:19
I have been offered a CC job but I am a bit confused. The case is in Italy but the recruiters have told me it might be difficult for me to be crim checked...
I am from Northern Ireland (UK), but live in Spain and have done for past 8 years but I hold an irish passport so they say they are unsure as to what system to check me on???

Any recommendations? The airline is Ryanair and the agency said I might end up having to sort it myself...
Do all airlines check using the english CRB thing or what do they do... think its strange that Italy would want to check UK when I have been living in spain.

I have also heard that all airports have diff requirements, anyone help?

Abusing_the_sky
11th Jun 2008, 21:28
Usually they ask for refrence, criminal check for the last 5 years... or they used to anyway.
If in your reference form they state they need to know what you've done for the past 5 years (as you stated, you've been living in Spain for the past 8 years), get the Spanish police to release you a document proving you have no criminal record for the past 5 yrs you've been living in Spain.
And after that, it all depends on the base (APT) you've been sent to by Ryanair.

My advice is to, just in case, get both, the Spanish and Irish criminal check. Better safe than sorry (wich means you have the job, are based to so and so APT however the ID officer woke up in a bad mood that morning when your application went thru and decided to deny it and that's you off the roster for a month- seen it, done it, was angry about it...)

Hope this helps

adzzie
11th Jun 2008, 21:46
ok... but because my passport is irish altho im from northern ireland.. which technically is uk, do i get crb or irish equivalent?