PDA

View Full Version : cheap A320 or ATR rating!

red gaint
11th Jun 2008, 14:47
Hi there,
Can anyone provide details about where can i do combined MCC/ type rating for A320 or ATR42/72.

I am planning for self sponsored type rating on any one of these aircrafts which ever come fairly cheap. Also mention how many full flight simulator hours will i get in these types.

Thank you in advance.

FougaMagister
11th Jun 2008, 16:00
Lots of questions in the one post! What you want is not the cheapest training you can find, but the one with the best value for money (how you assess that is another problem ;) )

ATR-wise:

1/ You would typically get nine 4-hour sim sessions (including the LST) for an ATR42 rating, one more if you get ATR72 differences training

2/ Most will be full-flight sim hours, although I believe the first few (3 or 4?) sim sessions can be done on a full-flight trainer (FFT), i.e. fixed-base, to lower the overall quote

3/ Skyblue Aviation have an FFT at ICARE in Morlaix, France, and I've seen one at the ATR Training Centre (ATC) in Toulouse

4/ There are few ATR TRTOs in Europe, and even fewer ATR sims:

- one ATR42/72 full-flight sim and one FFT at ICARE in Britanny (used by ICARE and Skyblue)
- several ATR42/72 -200/-500 FFS and one FFT at ATR in TLS
- one ATR42/72-500 FFS in Helsinki I believe
- one ATR72-500 FFS in Brussels (used by CAE)
- one ATR72 FFS in Thessaloniki, Greece (used by DAT of Denmark)

(There might just be others of which I am not aware).

Cost-wise, DAT do not charge VAT (no VAT on flight training in Denmark last I heard), so fairly reasonable quote. But add the cost of travel/stay in Thessaloniki for the sim bit. Skyblue is around 13,000 inc VAT now that they use their FFT for part of the training. Not sure for the quote at ATC - worth doing a search.

Cheers :cool:

FlightDetent
11th Jun 2008, 19:21
Value for money? http://www.czechairlines.com/en/posadky/pos_vycvik_posadek/pos_katalog.pdf

pablo2973
11th Jun 2008, 19:54
Do not worry about the money ...., worry about your contacts and the information you can get in the forums,usually nobody is going to give you a chance in Europe if you dont have hours or contacts.

For the ATR before you decide what to do ,try to talk to David Rice from Aurigny.com you may be able to get a chance before you decide what to do , and then fly for them after you complete your training in the ATR .
Good luck ,you will need it .

Hotelpresident
14th Jun 2008, 19:24
Forget about it, obviously before the course he will fit your head with a lots of positive rumors: all ours students got a job(False), ATR markets have experienced quite few openings(False), we will give some contacts where you could try to send your cv (false),etc, etc...

Believe me all craps.

They are money spinners as any other TRTO. If you believe to get a job after a T/R course on the an ATR or A320 I am afraid you will end as thousands of person with a T/R endorsement expired, printed on their licence.

Look how many TRTOs there are in this world (http://www.tridentavia.com/SSTR.htm (http://www.tridentavia.com/SSTR.htm)). Have you ever asked you why today there are so many and a couple of years ago where just fews?

Because they knew many people will give their money for nothing. It's just a business, they don't care at all about your future. They will never hesitate to lye. Even in EXETER!

Nick 1
14th Jun 2008, 20:24
Have a look at Hub Air , it's a Belgian FTO based in Bruxelles , they offer MCC plus A320 or 737 type .
www.hubair.be

Regards

red gaint
30th Jun 2008, 07:02
Thank you for all your inputs!

If I gotta do my MCC & TR for A320, which would be the best value for money?

a) MCC on Turbo prop + Jet orentiation course + TR on A320.

or

b) Combined MCC/TR on A320.

Many thanks

Hotelpresident
1st Jul 2008, 19:26
If you don't have problem to get money, in my opinion: Mcc+T/R on A320+ hours on type. Without hours you are wasting your time and money.

Good luck!

MIKECR
1st Jul 2008, 19:38
I know someone(low hours modular <500 hours) who within the last couple of weeks got a job with Farnair on the ATR after doing a self sponsored rating with Skyblue. He also had two further calls from other Operators within days of finishing the rating.

Hotelpresident
4th Jul 2008, 12:28
That doen't mean will happen to you. I know many people with ATR and A320 type rating and without any job.

In Farnair you will have to pass the selection process and pay 10.000 € to get inside, even more they were looking for just 8 first officer and they have found so they will not look for more candidates in the next future.

Think about it !

Captain_djaffar
4th Jul 2008, 20:41
i think if the mister has >1500hours and acquires a type on ATR or A320,he would appeal.

cessnagirl
5th Jul 2008, 08:36
Be very carefull with TRTOs. There are many unprofessional organisations about that will reel you in with cheap prices. You get what you pay for, so don't be fooled. The last thing you need is a TR that only just meets the minimum required standards by JAR. Airlines are well aware of the good TRTOs and the bad ones, so its essential to find somewhere reputable.

Cheap may not be the way to go. Instead do some research and have a browse through some of the threads on this forum. Ask some current airline pilots to recomend somewhere.

If you are intent on doing an SSTR, do one whereby you'll have a chance to secure a job with an airline. Otherwise join an airline that requires you to pay upfront for your Type Rating.

I know several people with type ratings and no jobs and there are a good many more who have been messed around by TRTOs and lost thousands of pounds, so be carefull.

Best of luck,

CESSNAGIRL

Hotelpresident
16th Jul 2008, 18:09
Finally someone saying the true. Well done Cessnagirl, well done.

Probably, it's because you don't work for Skyblue and during your free time you don't go in PPrune to look for new wallets.

Thanks, you cheered me up