PDA

View Full Version : Flight test candidate Exam02 Humberside tuesday 10th???

helimutt
11th Jun 2008, 12:30
Just wondering if the candidate who was flying with Exam02 in the Humberside area yesterday is a PPRuNer??

If so, what test were you doing and did you pass? Heard on the RT yesterday morning for some time.

gregaperkin
12th Jun 2008, 22:31
That was me! It was my CPL (multi-engine) test. We were in a BE76 from Multiflight at Leeds Bradford and went into Humberside for circuits.
I passed, thanks for showing an interest...

Where were you to be listening out all that time?

helimutt
14th Jun 2008, 12:12
Congratulations Greg! Well done. I was flying in one of the CHC S76's offshore and back, and heard you as Exam02 a few times. We'd heard you on the radio for some time and were just returning from offshore as you were given instructions from EGNJ Radar and there was no reply. He repeated the call to you, with no response that I could hear, and I looked at my colleague just as the examiner returned the call. I thought 'oh no', examiner has taken over. Thought you'd either failed, overloaded or he was happy with the test.

Again, well done. Now just enjoy the flying. I'm the world's worst flying exam taker. My mind empties of all knowledge and my flying turns pants. :{ More so than on a normal day, if that's possible. :ok:

gregaperkin
19th Jun 2008, 10:27
We were having a bit of radio trouble throughout the entire test actually! It seemed ok for the most part while we were talking to Humberside, but when we were passed to Linton Radar we were transmitting but recieving nothing. Maybe the problems started sooner than I thought though...

Typical of exam days isn't it, there is always some unseen factor that makes your life a bit more interesting.

There were quite a few times during the test that he was happy to take control of the radio and let me get on with flying though, he said it was going well - so I can't complain about it. :ok:

How is the job market for your line of work then? I've got a friend on the Yorkshire Air Ambulance, paramedic not pilot, who is just doing his rotary IR and will be looking for work. I'm new to pprune, should this have it's own thread? :)