PDA

View Full Version : NASA releases latest picture of water on Mars!!

Argonautical
11th Jun 2008, 08:03
http://i24.photobucket.com/albums/c2/argonautical/wateronmars.jpg

airship
11th Jun 2008, 17:25
That looks awfully like a 1/2 pint beer glass that some pubs use. Ergo, if there was water and a few hops etc., there may once even have been pubs on Mars too.

Instead of all those expensive probes drilling into Martian soil, I reckon they should just film the Martian surface with high-resolution cameras from a satellite. Then do a thorough search of the photos for any olde pub signs: (eg) The George & Dragon; Horse & Carriage; The Swan etc. :ok:

tony draper
11th Jun 2008, 17:31
Not sure if that is water,could be that Southern beer.:E

airship
11th Jun 2008, 17:45
Looks like pretty clear water to me, not even a hint of yellow in it (nothing Photoshop couldn't remove) anyway. I reckon the original photo was taken aboard the ISS quite recently. :ok:

Buster Hyman
11th Jun 2008, 21:37
What is truly amazing is that they've found water, and it's not in the Polar regions!!!:ooh:

airship
11th Jun 2008, 22:05
Argonautical, please post a new photo of a 1/2 pint glass of water with ice cubes innit sitting on a packet of frosty mints just for Monsieur Buster Hyman's pleasure. Could we please also have a reddish tinge to the background as well...?! :ok:

Aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaargh!
12th Jun 2008, 03:06
Why the fixation with water? Life could evolve and have water be poisonous to it. To think life NEEDS water is so limiting.

arcniz
12th Jun 2008, 04:29
Why the fixation with water? Life could evolve and have water be poisonous to it. To think life NEEDS water is so limiting.

Aside from the obvious convenience for human inhabitants, water in some abundance means a) instant fuel station for inter-planetary, etc travel (just add solar and stir) b) H2O is also very handy for terraforming, meaning the value of the real estate may be upgraded considerably. Augurs well for rising future tax collections from the residents.

BlueWolf
12th Jun 2008, 05:59
Rubbish arcniz, you can't use water for fuel. The oil companies and the Google intellectuals who think they understand the 2nd Law keep saying so, so it must be true.
:p

arcniz
12th Jun 2008, 08:17
Rubbish arcniz, you can't use water for fuel.

Well, of course not on EARTH, silly.

We're talking here about Mars and them plaices beyond where there are no pre-existing filling stations at which to obtain one's preferred fuel from a proper petroleum supply company.

sisemen
12th Jun 2008, 08:52
them plaices beyond

Cod Almighty! Enough of those fish puns!

tony draper
12th Jun 2008, 09:21
Of course there is water on Mars what would have been the point of them digging all those Canals had there not been?,they may be just Martians but they int stupid.
Hmmm, re the Political Correctness thread, one wonders what derogatory name we wudda come up with for Martians had we met em.:E

Rather be Gardening
12th Jun 2008, 10:28
Screaming blue-greenies?

Buster Hyman
12th Jun 2008, 11:48
one wonders what derogatory name we wudda come up with for Martians had we met em.

.....French?

frostbite
12th Jun 2008, 11:55
If they were unfriendly - extraterrorstrials?

hat, coat, umbrella

aviate1138
12th Jun 2008, 17:53
RbG

"Screaming blue-greenies?"

Why bring David Cameron and his cronies into it?

mickjoebill
15th Jun 2008, 21:11
Look closly and you'll see that there is a second mars that has been hidden from our view as it is on the dark side!

And there is water on that too !

What name will they give this new body?

Looks like it is in a tight pruner orbit..

Mickjoebill

ShyTorque
15th Jun 2008, 21:48
So they went all that way and there's only one glass of water there?

Pah! Complete waste of money

G-CPTN
15th Jun 2008, 22:33
I don't believe that you'd get any settlers (or even transients) volunteering to relocate to Mars based on only water. There'd have to be at least "Mmmm - beer!":- http://i277.photobucket.com/albums/kk43/spaceball1one/beer_girls_large.jpg
(although based on US beers, maybe they could make do with water . . . ).

sisemen
16th Jun 2008, 07:46
Every man's fantasy - a sexy blonde that drinks beer. Trouble is........

they end up like this:E:{

http://i25.photobucket.com/albums/c92/allan907/fatbird.jpg

Buster Hyman
16th Jun 2008, 08:51
....................OH!...Right...they're drinking beer too......:O

G-CPTN
16th Jun 2008, 15:35
At the base of the previous page:-
Ads by Google:- Prune Belly Syndrome

ShyTorque
17th Jun 2008, 08:39
Nice set of jugs.

Sisemen, Why don't you just divorce her?

nosefirsteverytime
17th Jun 2008, 10:20
My Eyes! They Burn! :{