PDA

View Full Version : QHS Dentist

katana
11th Jun 2008, 04:06
Anybody had a good experience with a QHS dentist? Any recommendation pls

moosp
11th Jun 2008, 07:07
No. Some years ago a young lad dentist at cx qms told me I needed my wisdom teeth out. I know enough to know I don't, but checked up with a private practice in town. He advised most strongly to keep them and suggested that such an operation was a revenue generating exercise.

Maybe they are better now.

Team America
11th Jun 2008, 10:05
Bayley and Jackson in Central.

Excellent. ph 2525 2239

But think you will need to nominate them as your preferred dentist.

AAIGUY
11th Jun 2008, 10:15
I used the QHS Dentist @ Cathay City for an emergency last month.

No Complaints.

Mr. Bloggs
11th Jun 2008, 10:36
Had to get a root canal. I was told they would have to go through the rectum; damn near killed me.:sad::}

moosp
12th Jun 2008, 21:06
AAIGUY if your procedure involved any filling work then note if you get tooth ache at cabin altitude. Dental technicians (and I use the phrase pointedly) do not understand the importance of ensuring that no air spaces are left in the fill material for aircrew.

I cannot write what I have experienced here about QMS as I would get banned, but I do suggest that for any serious procedure offered by any medical practitioner, a second opinion is a good idea.

Loopdeloop
12th Jun 2008, 21:13
I used them and wish I hadn't. I don't any more!

turnandburn
13th Jun 2008, 07:54
Used once.
Result paid full fare went home on painkillers!!! problem solved.ZERO confidence in QHMS and there referals!!!.:

AAIGUY
13th Jun 2008, 08:18
Sorry you had a bad experience (perhaps thats why it was so easy to walk in and get served).

I have flown a dozen sectors since the work. Now worries. I guess I got lucky.

My conventional Dentist is either Bailey and James in HKG (cmpy plan) or Thankit Dental Clinic in Bangkok, which is the best I have ever seen in the world.

katana
13th Jun 2008, 16:47
Thanks for the advice guys