PDA

View Full Version : jetstar questions

saviboy
11th Jun 2008, 01:03
hi
whatis a junior fo at jetstar? if one is hired with 320 time ?do u go straight to fo?
thanx

Stiff Under Carriage
11th Jun 2008, 01:46
Yes, even with 320 time you'll enter as a junior FO.

According to the Jetstar EBA, a 'junior' FO is defined as one who has just started with the company. It does not have reduced privilages, all it is used for is the pay scale. A "Junior' FO will be defined as such for the first 12 months of employment under which you are paid at 55% of the Captains salary. After the first 12 months you will be classified as a 'Normal' FO under which you get the normal 60% wage. I think from memory after 5 years (unlikely still FO though) you'll move to a 65% wage.

Hope this answers your question. I only had a glance of the EBA a while ago, but that is how I understood it.

Regards. SUC

HotelTango
11th Jun 2008, 07:42
A Junior First Officer is appropriately trained, licensed and endorsed to act as a FO but has insufficient experience to qualify for an ATPL. Junior FO pay rate is 60% of level 2 FO.

I don't believe that there are any pilots in the company at the moment who fit into that category.

New hires with an ATPL are employed as Level 1 FOs (55% Capt) for the first 12 months.

Hope that helps

saviboy
11th Jun 2008, 14:54
thanx for the answers. i currently work for an airline in the us and hold both european and us citizenships. my sister has been living in oz since 2000 and loves it. how do jetstar pilots feel about sponsored pilots( not DEC positions) .and does jetstar currently sponsor pilots FO positions.

DeltaT
16th Jun 2008, 13:11
It would be so nice if there was someone at Jetstar we could talk to and get answers directly from. I tried yesterday and the phone operators have standing orders not to put anyone through to HR!!