PDA

View Full Version : Internet Trail

Cooinda
1st Dec 2001, 14:00
How can I delete all info placed on my computer during browsing the web? Some bits are sensitive!

:cool:

Eric T Cartman
1st Dec 2001, 15:55
Evidence Eliminator does the biz - it costs a packet though :-( You can find it here : www.evidence-eliminator.com/ (http://www.evidence-eliminator.com/)

[ 01 December 2001: Message edited by: Eric T Cartman ]

WhiteSail
1st Dec 2001, 16:06
Go,

Tools; Internet Options; General; "History"; Clear History;

and then,

"Temporary Internet Files"; Settings; View Files; Edit; Select All;

"Right Click" on the selected Items and select "Delete".

Be aware, if you take this option, any cookies such as those that hold password information (for PPrune, for example) will be deleted. In effect, all this means is, you will have to re-enter those passwords again. ;)

[ 01 December 2001: Message edited by: WhiteSail ]

Lurk R
1st Dec 2001, 16:25
Further to what whitesail wrote, use the Tools, Options tab to delete the history and temp internet files but personally I find that the cookies are not deleted. Therefore I also go to windows\cookies folder and delete all the cookies. I also go to the windows\temp internet folder and delete the cookies in there too. I also need to go to the recycle bin and empty that of the deleted cookies too.

There is a program called Tweak (or similar) which has a function called paranoia which does all the above jobs whenever you shutdown the browser...

[ 01 December 2001: Message edited by: Lurk R ]

Eric T Cartman
1st Dec 2001, 20:52
Cooinda
What you do depends on how much you REALLY want to cover your tracks ! The methods quoted above will hide your actions from a casual observer but the information will still be on your hard drive & can easily found using , for example, a prog called "EnCase" ( which is available free to download ). To be really secure , you have to shred the relevant files, wipe all free space & clean the Windows swop file. As well as "Evidence Eliminator" , I believe progs such as BCWipe" & "Directory Snoop" do much the same thing.

Jetlink
2nd Dec 2001, 09:47
I use Cookie Monster, you can download it free from CNET.COM. It is easy to use and it seems to do the job.