PDA

View Full Version : Emirates Medical Exam Results

spitfiremk8
10th Jun 2008, 21:39
Did the Interview with Emirates in Dubai few months ago and not offered the position. My question is: If they find something wrong with you Medical condition, will they notify you about their findings? Disease etc.?

All insight is appreciated

spitfiremk8
10th Jun 2008, 22:04
anyone????

Bitburger
11th Jun 2008, 00:26
The medical department of EK is a corrupt organization and ignore ICAO rules when it pleases them.

They are at the service of those who have the power in the UAE. If needed they will execute you at the request of the operations department.

If you challenge their decisions your medical records will be thrown on the street.

I advice you to keep your non UAE license current at all times including your medical and report all irregularities to your CAA and pilot union.

cantilever
11th Jun 2008, 09:20
If that is true its pretty serious!

I thought Hogan was bad!!:sad:

Thylakoid
11th Jun 2008, 09:48
Did the Interview with Emirates in Dubai few months ago and not offered the position. My question is: If they find something wrong with you Medical condition, will they notify you about their findings? Disease etc.?

All insight is appreciated

I trust that if the EK Clinic doctors found anything serious regarding your health, they should, based on their Hippocratic Oath, have informed you immediately.
I know, by experience, that most airlines medical departments use a candidate's minor physical and/or psychological issues against him/her.

E.g.: if you wear glasses and the next candidate doesn't, they might use that against you; if one of your sinuses shows hazy on the X-ray and the other guy's shows clear, it could be used against you. It also goes for the psycometrics.
It is all part of the game of using these silly things as selection parameters, I believe.
If , however, they found a tumor in one of your lungs, or if you have diabetes, they should inform you immediately.

These are examples, of course, and my opinion, too, based on the years I have been in the aviation business.

Somebody mentioned corruption in the Clinic; I have no information on that; however, being EK no different than other ruthless businesses ... :E
Hope it is all clear.

Good luck

TwinJock
11th Jun 2008, 11:21
What makes you think that not being offered a position was medical related?

BobDole
11th Jun 2008, 14:16
They found an issue on my medical and I was still offered the job. They discovered that I had kidney stones, gave me a chance to get it resolved, then offered me the job once I had dealt with the problem. I also know of a few others that have had similar situations and still gotten the job.

spitfiremk8
11th Jun 2008, 16:44
I am pretty sure the reason was something else that I was not offered the position. Still I am curious if they had found something on my medical if they would notify me of any major illness etc..
Went through day one and did my medical on day two. The doctors at the Clinic never really mentioned anything concerning my health. The nurses gave me weird looks when they were dissecting me :eek:. They did not debrief me on anything after. Just curious as I said if they had found something they would have notified me.

siberianhusky
28th Jun 2008, 01:59
hi guys,
I just have a question for who knows.
I know that the immigration in dubai ask you an HIV test prior to giving you a resident visa.
now I wonder:do emirates test you on HIV during your interview medical check?
would not be very nice to resign from your company once emirates says YES and then find out something bad when you apply for a visa.
It's just curiousity but...you know...better know!!

Flying Spag Monster
28th Jun 2008, 17:38
If something serious was found during your medical, EK clinic would let you know. That's not to say if you hear nothing then all is ok as the admin in there is not the best. As for corrupt... I think that is a very long bow to draw..

5star
29th Jun 2008, 16:06
Spittfire,

If you have a serious condition and they found this during your initial check-up they would normally inform you by means of HR. Call or write your recruitment coordinator and ask them if the reason was medical. They should answer if it was indeed a medical issue. Remember most guys get caught during the test with the shrink....
I did not hear any complaints before from the EK clinic and I think they are pretty relax and do a good job.

Bittburger,

Bitte ein Bitt... for you. Donno why you are so sceptical. I find the boys and girls pretty helpful in the clinic. They might be /are puppets of GCAA, but you should know that the whole country is is build up like this. It's all one big family......
Again... this is not Europe....and anyone coming here should know this....
sad but it's just the way things are in this part of the world....

Capt.AMT
19th Jul 2008, 17:39
First, medical exam is conducted by a PRIVATE clinic that reports to EK. It's done there because it incorporates the initial GCAA 1st class medical as well as immigration and drug testing.
The avaition doc told me right on the spot that everything was normal, so I guess I'm lucky for having the info disclosed :)
One of the guys who interviewed ahead of us had some problems with his medical and was also advised right on the spot. They told him that he would have to take care of it in his home country (US), get a letter from his doc stating the problem was resolved prior to starting class.
Hope it helps!
Cheers.... :cool:

midseal
20th Jul 2008, 23:04
Yo CApt!, True but the results for the blood test can't be given on the spot. Takes a couple of days would say!!. Example an HIV test is based on REACTIVITY, so gestation is required. anyways..... thats why there is a wait to get a formal conclusive result. me 2 cents....