PDA

View Full Version : T5 Round Two

SLF3b
10th Jun 2008, 18:24
I understand the second tranche of BA flights moved to T5 on 5 June. How is it going? London - Cairo (the route I use) seems to be running with average one hour delays since the move.........

BAladdy
10th Jun 2008, 19:14
Just operated LHR - PEK left 15mins late due airfield delays. Ariived back early and no holding for a stand

simfly
10th Jun 2008, 19:25
Paxed through T5 on friday 6th, noticed the extra flights on the screens, but could not tell that they had gone across. Terminal still felt very spacious, and very quiet compared T1/T4 etc. After 3 return trips through I have been nothing but impressed. :ok:

BusyB
10th Jun 2008, 20:25
Flew Ist Class to HKG last week with BA.

Arrived on a bus to not find any directions to check in. Asked a guy in a BA tabard who said he had no idea. Worked my way up to find the check in area. There were no visible check-in desks only fast bag drop. No visible 1st Class check in and no signs so I tried one of the auto-kiosks but wouldn't accept my 5 figure booking ref, only accepts 6 figure refs. A very helpful BA lady eventually checked me in at the bag drop from where you could see the 1st class check in. Went through the 12 million £ door, doesn't look much.

Finally went to board at satellite travelling on escalators that sounded as if they hadn't been oiled for a thousand years.

It was an on-time departure but the lack of signposting and poorly maintained equipment was not good.

Also queuing in HMV behind all the T5 groundstaff buying duty-free CD's and DVD's was a bit frustrating.:confused:

BAladdy
10th Jun 2008, 21:37
It was Airfield Congestion. There have been a few delays over the last day or two I believe due to ATC in France,. ( It's that time of year again) and local ATC problems at airports in Italy

upandoffmyside
10th Jun 2008, 22:04
Any truth in the LHR rumour that the terminal and some areas of apron have started to sink in to the T5 site "soil" underneath....?

ETOPS
11th Jun 2008, 07:31
London - Cairo (the route I use) seems to be running with average one hour delays since the move.........

Well I'm operating this sector later today so wish me luck !!

SLF3b
11th Jun 2008, 15:28
I wish you luck! If it carries on like this for the next few days I'll rebook on Egyptair. Enough is enough!

747-436
11th Jun 2008, 16:27
There is also a lot of rust on parts of the concrete on some stands in T5.

ETOPS
12th Jun 2008, 11:25
Well we got away with a delay of 7 minutes. Only hiccup was the last couple of containers for the forward hold. On the plus side all parts of the operation were in place, fully manned and no missing passengers. If this carries on we are in danger of looking like an airline again.

EC-ILS
12th Jun 2008, 12:37
Would it not make more sense to move flights over 1 or 2 at a time?

Or is that inpractical?