PDA

View Full Version : Posh Old Woman on the Bus - Which way do I take her?

modelcuirstudios
10th Jun 2008, 16:34
I'll go through the story from the beginning.

I get the bus from Cheshire (Dear) and I get up move to the front of the bus to ask the bus driver if she's goin into the station...and then I sit down near the front...
This old woman (70) says "are you gettin off?"
ME Replies "No"
She Replies "Can you get my bag off"
I then go and do it...
I'm in between her and bus driver While the woman says thanks to driver...
She gets off says thankyou but when the doors shut she makes a funny remark similar to laughing with the driver about me...
Now it was either she was miffed at the driver (maybe the driver didnt respond to her when she said something earlier)
But anyway I felt it was directed at me as she would know that I was looking that way and her being snobby I think that she was playing a game...by laughing with the driver about me...well ok not the driver but she was trying to make it look like that...
Now does this sound like it can happen...
I always say to myself... "never help someone or respond to them unless they use these simple words - Excuse me - Hello - Hi - Sorry
Because there's been lots of times that posh people have never said thanks or excuse me to begin with...

G-CPTN
10th Jun 2008, 17:08
She gets off says thankyou but when the doors shut she makes a funny remark similar to laughing with the driver about me...Standard Doris Mk IV speak I think you'll find.
Just because you think that you're being made fun of doesn't mean that you aren't a fun person.

LordGrumpy
10th Jun 2008, 17:13
There is great strength in being kind and polite.

modelcuirstudios
10th Jun 2008, 17:17
I guess my question is...how many people do you know that purposly set out to annoy others by treating them like servents or of lesser intelligence...

G-CPTN
10th Jun 2008, 17:29
Victor Meldrew?

ZH875
10th Jun 2008, 17:43
Posh Old Woman on the Bus - Which way do I take her?Just like the Architect, Backwards, after all, there is football on TV.:E

modelcuirstudios
10th Jun 2008, 17:43
ok then: Has it happened to anyone else :)

Whirlygig
10th Jun 2008, 17:48
Is that you Phil/SteveHudd?

Cheers

Whirls

Ozzy
10th Jun 2008, 18:03
Was she a Granny? Couldn't you have just shoved her off the bus?:E:E

Ozzy

Snappybits
10th Jun 2008, 18:06
Ack Ozzy, now you know ya canna push your Grannie off the bus:ok:

jb2_86_uk
10th Jun 2008, 18:08
You should have ignored her until she used some manners! :ok:

JB

Aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaargh!
10th Jun 2008, 18:10
I guess my question is...how many people do you know that purposly set out to annoy others by treating them like servents or of lesser intelligence...well, there's pretty much every poster on JetBlast :}

Davaar
10th Jun 2008, 18:20
After all, Ozzy, she is your Mammie's Mammy.

Ozzy
10th Jun 2008, 18:22
But Mr Davaar, ye can shove yer ither granny aff a bus. Now why would that be?:E:E

Ozzy

BlooMoo
10th Jun 2008, 18:31
Mr Arg, if you used more appropriate adjectives like for example, 'almost', rather than your gutter-slang choice of 'pretty much' then your comment might be considered as the product of an educated brain. In addition, using one of those 'smiley face' images just portrays you as a form of sink-school idiot. :rolleyes:

G-CPTN
10th Jun 2008, 18:39
your comment might be considered as the product of an educated brain.just portrays you as a form of sink-school idiot
I say there, have a care old chap, the young fellow does have a licence to aviate:-
Licence Type (Pilots only): PPL

gingernut
10th Jun 2008, 18:52
If you're 550 steps from the airport pub, (the one at the end of the runway), its likely that you're from Wythenshawe,and it's entirely appropiate that a lady should speak to you in such a way.

If you're 550 steps from the other airport pub (The Romper), one does have to ask what you were doing on public transport.

Are you some sort of massachistic inverted snob?

Whirlygig
10th Jun 2008, 18:57
No, he just thinks the world is rude to him and him only.

Cheers

Whirls

Rhyspiper
10th Jun 2008, 19:03
Doris MkIV!!! Haha!

Available at a Womens Institute near you!

Davaar
10th Jun 2008, 19:13
No! No! No! Ozzy! You can't get away with glib sophistry like that. It is the merest Ham'n'Haddie, and if you push me enough I am quite capable of working up a couplet to rhyme with "Daddie". So I am, but.

Solid Rust Twotter
10th Jun 2008, 19:16
Now, now Phil...

Just because you're paranoid doesn't mean they're not out to get you.

modelcuirstudios
10th Jun 2008, 19:19
Whirls! How can you say that? Why do you think I'm posting here in the 1st place? TO see if they are like this with other people...I know there are other types of rude but this type is something I want to know if it happens to others...so dont be ignorant to my other question and just answer it rather than play with me...

And 550 steps from airport pub does not mean I live there...it's called faking where you live...as if I would be cryptic in a way that anyone could work it out and actually give my exact location away...:ok:
Plus Heald Green is also 550 steps away...Go and try it :ok:

Rhyspiper
10th Jun 2008, 19:22
http://img381.imageshack.us/img381/8240/dorismk5ww3.th.png (http://img381.imageshack.us/my.php?image=dorismk5ww3.png)

modelcuirstudios
10th Jun 2008, 19:23
CPTN - He was not commenting me...

modelcuirstudios
10th Jun 2008, 19:34
should I just hate all old people....maybe its a generation of snobbery or do you think there are new ones being grown :)

gingernut
10th Jun 2008, 19:43
It's probably not that related to age. Had a simillar experience here....

http://www.pprune.org/forums/showthread.php?t=326970&highlight=nice

'spose you could have misconstrued things, but it sounds like this old dear really caused offence.

modelcuirstudios
10th Jun 2008, 19:58
Thanks Ginger, I dunno...it's just sparking past events aswell...It might have been calculated or she might have been smiling at driver in a telling off sense because she may or maynot have replied to her thankyou...i cant remember as i was getting her trolley off...anyway how could she have percieved me as dumb or anything unless it was the 3 second pause I gave when she asked me if i could take her bag down...could that be it? please answer that bit :)

modelcuirstudios
10th Jun 2008, 20:12
HAHA Twotter :p And the funny thing is...I'd rather be in USA where I get called Fag than deal with little things like this...because it's mind play in a weird way...(damn it ryhmes too but anyway yeah at least in USA you can tell if someone doesnt like you) Whereas in the uk people play mind games...

selfloadingcargo
10th Jun 2008, 21:37
well, it's one privilege to play mind games when one has one.....

Blacksheep
10th Jun 2008, 22:23
To answer your question, no it doesn't happen to everybody. The other day, on my way to work (using the airport express as usual) I helped a lady put her luggage aboard while she paid her fare. She thanked me very nicely and hoped that I had a nice day. Maybe your "posh" old lady was laughing at you because you have some amusing physical deformity, or perhaps your trousers are too short and reveal too much of your socks?

Your best friends and closest colleagues will be in the best position to advise on this but, like the lady in the old soap advert, your best friends will seldom mention it unless you ask them first.

G-CPTN
10th Jun 2008, 22:41
I'd rather be in USA where I get called FagHow would they know? Are there obvious characteristics that, perhaps, old ladies might detect?

Whirlygig
10th Jun 2008, 22:49
Just back from t'pub - looks like Twotter and me were right!!!

This chap regularly posts the same sort of paranoid stuff and has done for years. Everyone was really nice to begin with but, when advice isn't heeded and comments ignored, one loses sympathy. Looks like a mod has just done that!

Cheers

Whirls

BlueDiamond
10th Jun 2008, 23:15
... when the doors shut she makes a funny remark similar to laughing with the driver about me...... I felt it was directed at me ...I think that she was playing a game...by laughing with the driver about me ...It might have been calculated or she might have been smiling at driver in a telling off sense because she may or maynot have replied to her thankyouSo ... you half-hear a remark spoken through closed doors, you freely admit that you do not know what was said (it could have been this, it might have been that), but of all the possibilities available to you, and without having a clue as to what was actually said, you choose to interpret the comment as derogatory to yourself.

Mate, you're fecking paranoid.

Whirlygig
10th Jun 2008, 23:23
See? Even the lovely Bluey has lost sympathy!! :}

Cheers

Whirls

ArthurR
11th Jun 2008, 07:23
Have you heard his favorite song:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TXZMZ-XvvzI

;)

ORAC
11th Jun 2008, 08:00
Old story from 1960s, when the military still travelled in uniform.

Wing Commander gets off train at Euston on way into MoD. Little old lady (LOL)with large suitcase sees him walking along and says, "you, porter, take my bag", and wlaks off towards the taxi rank.

Deciding to humour her, the Wg Cdr picks up her bag and follows her. Reaching the rank and climbing into the taxi the LOL reaches inton her handbag and holds out a half-crown coin.

"That's quite all right madam", says the Wg Cdr, "I am a Wg Cdr, not a porter".

"I am perfectly aware of that young man", says the LOL, "I only give junior officers a shilling".

BlueDiamond
11th Jun 2008, 10:15
Even the lovely Bluey has lost sympathy!!
Guilty as charged, Whirls. It is quite difficult to remain sympathetic and encouraging when the person with whom you are dealing is so resistant to accepting good advice. this particular poster has appeared here at regular intervals and under several new usernames, always seeking advice or comment on the same thing.

In spite of the sound advice he has received from many people here, not least your good self, he has elected to disregard/reject/ignore all of it in favour of maintaining his belief that he is somehow being persecuted. This last scenario strained his credibility with me just that little bit too far.

It would take a really determined person to believe that the described incident demonstrated some sort of ill will or "snobby" attitude and, realistically, there is little one can do in the face of such resolution.

modelcuirstudios is determined to maintain his love affair with his paranoia despite everyone's best efforts to help, so clearly it fulfills whatever need he has of it and I'll just leave the two of them alone. :(

ArthurR
11th Jun 2008, 10:20
Bluey....:D :D :D

gingernut
11th Jun 2008, 10:25
Hang on chaps, if modelcuir is truly paranoid, shouldn't we be using this forum as a vehicle of help and support.

Or am I being too liberal?

Whirlygig
11th Jun 2008, 11:22
Ginge, as Bluey has said, we have done. He regularly posted on Agony Aunt and I have sent his alter egos a number of PMs in support and giving what advice I can. Four years later, and it's still the same story. One can only go so far in offering help before one loses sympathy and/or assumes the person to be a complete troll.

Cheers

Whirls

Dan D'air
11th Jun 2008, 11:30
The guy is a complete f:mad:cking muppet. No sympathy, 'nuff said.

angels
11th Jun 2008, 11:34
From Wikepedia -

An Internet troll, or simply troll in Internet slang, is someone who posts controversial and usually irrelevant or off-topic messages in an online community, such as an online discussion forum or chat room, with the intention of baiting other users into an emotional response[1] or to generally disrupt normal on-topic discussion.[2]

They can be fun -- sometimes.

Bluey - :ok: You're such a darl!

Aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaargh!
11th Jun 2008, 12:58
Wait a minute ... is he the guy who asked how to gt into the military and then argued with everyone who gave him advice? Now THAT was a funny thread.

Whirlygig
11th Jun 2008, 15:15
No, that was .... no, I won't say 'cos he's still around!!

Cheers

Whirls

Ozzy
11th Jun 2008, 15:38
I laugh in modelcuirstudios' general direction.....:O:O:E:E

Ozzy

Davaar
11th Jun 2008, 15:41
Now here we can agree. Totally.

helimutt
11th Jun 2008, 16:04
Back to the original question:-Posh Old Woman on the Bus - Which way do I take her?

Well, it would depend on how old she was, what she looked like, clothes she was wearing and who was looking but I guess you could try from bee hind? Or is that outside the bounds of decency?

G-CPTN
11th Jun 2008, 16:49
Man was caught having sex with a dog (canine variety).
At the Police Station, the arresting officer was describing the event to the custody sergeant, who expressed his disgust with the comment "How low can you go, man?" to which the accused replied "Dachshunds, although it is easier if they stand on a table . . . "

Blacksheep
11th Jun 2008, 18:49
Dachsunds? I've slept with a couple of Chihuahuas and you can't get any lower than that. :}

...plus a few cats.

...or should I say, they slept with me... ? :confused:

helimutt
11th Jun 2008, 19:17
either way Blacksheep, it's not something i'd share on an internet forum! ;)

Solid Rust Twotter
11th Jun 2008, 20:54
Beats being ravished with a parsnip, I suppose...

gingernut
11th Jun 2008, 20:57
Hey modelcuirstudios' ever thought that it's could be the rest of the world that's off its rocker:confused: