PDA

View Full Version : Aviation Mangement Degree

Shel
10th Jun 2008, 11:14
Hi

I am looking for a univesity in Canada where i can sudy an Aviation Management Degree or Masters.

A while back i got some info on a University in Montreal that offered this and by correspondence but i can not remember the name of the university.

If anyone knows of universities that offer this courseespecially by coorespondance please Reply or send me a PM

Kitoro Kid
10th Jun 2008, 15:21
Concordia ? any degree from there is very well respected in the aviation industry as a whole

ea340
10th Jun 2008, 17:04
Try the University of Western Ontario

CaptW5
10th Jun 2008, 17:36
http://www.canadian-universities.net/Universities/Programs/Aviation_Management.html

near the bottom of the page click on any of the provinces and it will list the aviation management programs available (also near the bottom of the respective pages)

Maple Leafs
11th Jun 2008, 11:00
Correct me if I am wrong but don’t Airline Managers just kiss a$$ to get where they are? Not many CEO’s recognize talent but sure recognize kissing a$$ and lining their pockets.

Again correct me if I am wrong but usually the managers come from below and the higher up managers come from different industries i.e. making Nike runners in Indonesia or building cars. Nothing to do with aviation.

You will not get very far, when the managers realize you have a degree in Aviation Management, the managers will make sure you don’t rise to the top. Current airline managers will be fearful of your abilities and make sure you are kept in the trenches.

Now if you are actually from Cape Town, you will know your politicians (like managers) will line their pockets first before taking care of the country or company. That is why SA is without electricity; why AC went into receivership; why Canada 3000 is gone; Nation Air is gone.

Do people know anyone who has an Aviation Management Degree in top management positions with major airlines?

Good luck with it all, but let the debate begin.