PDA

View Full Version : PC game "Airport Inc."

Squiddley
3rd Jan 2001, 13:27
This title caught my eye yesterday whilst browsing, so I gave it a go. Basically SimCity at an airport. You choose your region, buy your land, build the infrastructure then wait for the contracts to come in. All in glorious 3D, with camera views for landings/take-offs, tower, pax etc.

Great premise. Poor execution. Can't think of a worse sim/game I've bought for ages. It's very basic, and silly things like not being able to build "apron" over "taxiway" means your GSE can't cross http://www.pprune.org/ubb/NonCGI/frown.gif

Worth a go to kill time if it's in the bargain bin, but don't be mislead by the packaging - which is a plus for the publisher I spose.

All IMHO of course :)
Happy New Year

Tom the Tenor
3rd Jan 2001, 14:16
There is yet another new attractive looking game based on the American Airlines Boeing 757-200 in the old Retrojet colour scheme that is an add-on for FS2K. Min requirements are PII 450 MHz and 16 MB graphics but the package reommends PIII 700 Mhz and much faster graphics. Has anyone tried it? Someone else had a query about a 757 promgramme a few weeks ago so this might be be a solution? Thank you, TTT.

[This message has been edited by Tom the Tenor (edited 03 January 2001).]

Capt Byrd de Styrke
4th Jan 2001, 14:44
Re Above: Same publisher has also just launched versions for BA 757 and iberia, looks good,...but just too hot for my ZX81 !

DarrenMoore
5th Jan 2001, 01:01
I bought this a few months back!
I still haven't been able to get one passenger flight, plenty of cargo flights though!
Any tips? : )

5milesbaby
5th Jan 2001, 05:07
DarrenMoore - when a new master contract comes in, check on it the proviso's, some are specific, ie. cargo maintenance as you've found. Check that your apron goes from all stands to the terminal, and is linked to all plane maintain etc. otherwise the pax flights won't be offered. Also needs taxi rank, bus stop and train station to be near terminal entrance. Basic thoughts, gets you hooked initially but can become tedius as you go along until your first big jet lands and then is there any point going on!?!

ACARS
5th Jan 2001, 19:14
This sim sucks.....Gave up after about 4hrs.