PDA

View Full Version : FAA type rating B 777

botaxgendeng
9th Jun 2008, 22:17
I have FAA ATP would like to add rating on B 777. is it posibble to get it in some other country out of US?.
Like alteon SIN does checker for that rating?
thanks alot

BG:ok:

varigflier
10th Jun 2008, 16:42
If you want a PIC type on your FAA certificate you have to do the checkride with the FAA. If you want an SIC type, then all that is required is paperwork. You can do it anywhere and take the paperwork to a FSDO to get the SIC type on your FAA license

botaxgendeng
11th Jun 2008, 22:35
thx varigflyer.

I was trainned by alteon, at that time the Instructor and the checker no objection if I could the check together with ICAO licenses the problem was ALTEON didnt want to because the company paid for the trainning.
I am non US citizen, no problem back and forth to the state cause we have route to US.
The problem is when I apply to other school in US I have to do all over again from ground school which is I donot have much time.
I tought with certificate from ALTEON which FAA approved I only need some hours in the SIM before check ride.(oral and SIM )
you said by going to fsdo just fill the paper work without the check?
what will be on my lic, SIC B 777?
I am PIC B 777 on ICAO Lic
thank you very much
have a safe flt:ok:
BG

varigflier
12th Jun 2008, 03:29
I was in the same boat. No extra cost to get PIC on FAA license but Alteon needed an ok from my airline. They said no so I couldn't do it. If you take the paperwork to the FSDO you will get an SIC rating. For us to get the PIC on the FAA license we would have to go through the whole thing again:(