PDA

View Full Version : A bunch of questions...

mrsandfree
9th Jun 2008, 21:50
Just looking for answers to some questions I’ve been thinking about recently:

What are the various things which affect V1 and Vr speeds? Ie take-off weight, wet runway, etc. What else is there that affect these speeds?

Is there a specific name for the type of drag that is experienced at high mach numbers when shock waves start to form and become more predominant?

Can someone explain what exactly a Regulated Landing weight is and what its used for? (single engine missed?)

Can someone please explain the acronyms TAT and SAT?

I know this is a lot, but I thought I might as well get them all answered since they’ve been bothering me! J

Cheers!

Pugilistic Animus
9th Jun 2008, 22:02
You should try the search on this site first, many of your questioned have been asked before..., but you must use terms greater than three letters [in aviation]:ugh:....but if you still at a loss of course--well you know ask---

I'm only saying this because there's so much great material on those topics throughout here written by all sorts of experts:ok:---believe me I can stay on for three hrs/day and still not---scratch the surface---

Posters, such as John Tullarmarine[moderator],...Mad (Flt)Scientist,..Mutt,..and Old Smokey have written A veritable Texbook,..you should try their names if you have difficulty searching---but you do have good questions and it is very good that you want to stay informed of these very important topics especially if you're planning/ or are in on a professional Career...becuase I've been very recently surprised how little attention those concepts receive in pilot training--and it manifest itself as individual test pilot theories that are very very dangerous!!!

PA

N1 Vibes
9th Jun 2008, 22:15
TAT = Total Air Temperature (where the air enters the probe in a ram effect)
SAT = Static Air Temperature (where the air does not enter under pressure)

Regards,

N1 Vibes