PDA

View Full Version : Web hosting

Warbo
9th Jun 2008, 10:00
Here are two links that should bring up the same page

Works fine, links removed. See sticky at top of forum.

Number 2 keeps showing the domain parking message, but on another computer it goes to the site like it's supposed to. I have only had the site up for a couple of hours, will it fix itself? Is there a problem with the hosting?

Can anyone let me know if the second link works for them or not?

jimgriff
9th Jun 2008, 10:06
Both links work fine here in sunny west Wales, UK!

Have a nice day.

:8

Bushfiva
9th Jun 2008, 10:08
It will propagate over the next few hours. If it doesn't work from your computer, but it does from one next to it, you can force the DNS cache on the machine with the old info to flush if you want: at a command prompt, type

ipconfig /flushdns

or whatever the equivalent is for your operating system.

Warbo
9th Jun 2008, 10:28
That did the trick, thanks!:ok:

Warbo
10th Jun 2008, 03:25
Another question, now the site is up and running, the changes I have made do not appear until press the refresh button, even though I am opening in a new browser and retyping the address. Is there some sort of script I can add to force peoples browsers to find the updated version of my site? (Mods - No links=no self promotion, it's a community club site anyway)

Saab Dastard
10th Jun 2008, 08:56
Warbo,

It sounds as if the page / content is being cached, either (or both) in your browser or at the ISP.

You can mark pages and components as non-cacheable, but it is 8 years since I looked at this, so I really can't remember details.

SD