PDA

View Full Version : Webcam oddity???

Lurk R
3rd Jan 2001, 08:25
Someone here with webcam experience may be able to help...

I have a Logitech webcam (the basic one that cost around $100.00) and it used to work fine with NetMeeting. Then one day it strated working with the following sequence of events:

1. My cam is functioning normally and the preview shows that its working smoothly.
2. The connection is made to my mates IP address.
3. Picture is fine for about 3 seconds, then the preview flickers to black very quickly, then reverts back to the usual picture.
4. This picture now however is really slow and jerky - it seems that the picture only updates every 4 to 5 seconds???

This seems to be really weird and was never like this at the start - worked fine for months until this happened. As soon as the call is dis-connected, the preview picture reverts back to normal smooth image.

Anyone else had a similar problem or know what a possible cause could be?

It is a USB connection and I installed a scanner (USB port) roughly within the same time period (give or take a month) when this bug started to appear. I uninstalled all the scanner software but this didn't have any effect???

Any suggestions gratefully received...

Squiddley
3rd Jan 2001, 13:16
Sounds familiar LurkR. I use(d) a Logitech Quickcam Pro which did exactly the same thing. I wrote it off to the poor internet speed I was connecting at and didn't go further with it. Might try again now that I'm on broadband.

Sorry can't help other than a "you're not alone". Good luck.