PDA

View Full Version : Temp base question?

MAX
9th Jun 2008, 03:33
Morning,

Have I got this right?

....the company wont pay to fly me to my temp base, they wont pay anything extra towards accomodation at the base and they wont put me up at the headland when Im in HKG on a layover?

But... I can still claim my housing/base rate?

Thanks for the help.

MAX:cool:

Subwoofer
9th Jun 2008, 05:40
That's how I understand it. Do an IntraCX search for "Temporary Base Policy" to get it from the horse's mouth.

Darling
9th Jun 2008, 07:22
Max,

...the company wont pay to fly me to my temp base

I don't believe so. They may for a permanent base.

they wont pay anything extra towards accomodation at the base and they wont put me up at the headland when Im in HKG on a layover?

No, the idea being the base is of temporary in nature. e.g. assuming you are Hong Kong based, they will continue to pay your mortgage, or rental agreement (which you can't break).

If you are a based pilot already (no housing allowance), and take a temp base in another base area, you will need to find your own accommodation in the temp base area. You should still get the normal accommodation and allowances through Hong Kong.

Note:

It has been known to happen for a Hong Kong based pilot to take a temp base. On arriving for a layover in Hong Kong while on the temp base, 8929 changed duty to one that starts in 11 hours. Crew Control cannot reduce below 12 hours or the previous duty unless they provide you with accommodation (and allowances). As you are on a temp base, you are require to use your normal housing, and therefore require the full rest.

Fly747
9th Jun 2008, 07:25
Darling. Eight years and first post, now that is a lurker!

simplex
9th Jun 2008, 09:55
Quite some lurking.
Hard to believe crew control would cheat on the rules though.

MAX
14th Jun 2008, 09:54
Thanks for the replies and heads up.

After having a good read of the bumf on the Cx web Im not sure I can even afford a temp basing.

Ill just get the soap for crewing...

MAX:cool: