PDA

View Full Version : Italy Air Show Merlin Error

KeepItTidy
9th Jun 2008, 00:46
Just seen this footage on another site from an airshow last week in Italy , it looks very much like a Merlin but I stand to be corrected a NH90 or something , to me looks like a Merlin

Anyway here is some amateur film as well, 3 crew on board Pilot unfortunately never made it but 2 others were ok.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YXtGsxxfNT4

Fox3snapshot
9th Jun 2008, 00:52
Horrific! :(

wg13_dummy
9th Jun 2008, 00:52
Italian NH90.

If it was a UK crewmember who died, would we be happy to have such a graphic photo posted on this forum?

I know I wouldn't be too comfortable with it (whatever country it was) and I'm sure some of our Italian forum members may not be too.

Yes, I know its public domain and all that but maybe not on here please?

Dan D'air
9th Jun 2008, 01:00
I agree. The incident was well documented last week when it happened. anyone who wants to can google it but I feel it's highly inappropriate here.

KeepItTidy
9th Jun 2008, 01:08
ok fair play dont wish to upset anyone

my apoligies i will remove

wg13_dummy
9th Jun 2008, 01:11
Not being funny, KeepitTidy but this isn't a spotters forum. Its a forum frequented by military aviators and people who work in the environment. Would you put a photo of a Brit mil Squirrel hitting wires? :mad:

KeepItTidy
9th Jun 2008, 01:18
No you are right , I have removed the picture and said my apoligies. All I wanted was to know if it was a Merlin helicopter, with many other posts about aicraft mishaps on here I thought it would not cause much an issue , it obvioulsly has so for that I i take back.

Fox3snapshot
9th Jun 2008, 01:31
Harden up. I am sure given the opportunity 70% or more of the regulars here would have retrieved the photo's one way or another.

And unfortunately, yes, there are a lot of spotters here and you have to live with that too.

If you are hardcore about it and you need to go and hide in the forums that require finger prints, handing in your passport and signing over the mortgage of the house to allow you access, feel free!

The naturally inquisitive and at times morbid minds of most individuals dictates that most want to see...what really happened!

And before you go in guns blazing at my stance on this, I have lost many friends over the years in the services and subsequently 'the industry' and always at the back of my mind was 'how?!'

The photos posted were...how?! :suspect:

Dan D'air
9th Jun 2008, 01:50
I thought it would not cause much an issue

You obviously didn't think at all. Probably not the best thing to post on this forum when another 3 British troops have been killed today. Military flying is inherently dangerous, and we who have done it know that. We just ignore the risks and hope for the best, but posting pictures like that was at best, highly insensitive.

Thanks for removing the photos, I think that this may have taken a while to post, I'm abroad at the moment and on dial-up.

KeepItTidy
9th Jun 2008, 02:00
Yeah as I said it was wrong and I said sorry for the 3rd time and done the rightly thing and removed the picture. I guess I have to be told by 2 people how wrong I was over and over again , and for a few they can look really good as they have never made a mistake in there life.

wg13_dummy
9th Jun 2008, 11:14
KeepitTidy, thanks for removing the pics. My last post must have crossed your reply and subsequent edit. Again, thanks and I'm sure you understand.

Fox3, harden up? I'm sure most would want to see the pics but I'm sure most on here would rather search for themselves on another site if they wished than to see them here. IMHO, the picture wasn't 'how', it was more 'wow'.

I'm not having a dig at spotters as most of the pictures that are posted are excellent. I just dont need to see a picture on this forum that shows the exact point where a pilot died. Just not terribly tasteful seeings how we are planting a couple of our mates this week.