PDA

View Full Version : Those awful noises Windows makes

Pinger
2nd Jan 2001, 20:26
Anyone know how I can turn off the din that erupts our of my speakers every time I start Windows, and yes, I did think of unplugging them...

Thanks!

AquaPlane
2nd Jan 2001, 20:33
Pinger,

Go to Start -> Settings -> Control Panel -> Sounds and you can turn off / change the sounds linked to all Windows events in there.

Hope this helps,

Aq

Unwell_Raptor
2nd Jan 2001, 23:04
I recently moved my machine to a new desk, and I didn't get around to installing the speakers. That was three weeks ago, and I don't think I'll bother now.

Canuck_AV8R
3rd Jan 2001, 02:10
I have changed mine to some great aircraft sounds that I found somewhere on the net. The sounds are GPWS and A/P warnings sure beats the default Windoze sounds.

fobotcso
3rd Jan 2001, 03:20
My son has replaced all the Windows sounds with movie sound bites. They are hilarious! The error sound is "Oh **** " from, I think, The "Life of Brian". Let your imagination run riot.

SevenFiftySeven
3rd Jan 2001, 07:20
Canuck_AV8R
Where did you get the aircraft sounds from? If you post a link then please do so! I would really like 'Whooop! whooop! pull up! pull up!' You can guess what that's for!

Canuck_AV8R
3rd Jan 2001, 10:59
757:

I can email you what I have if you like the zip file is approx 450kb. Email me at [email protected] if you want them.

Cheers
Canuck

Sharjah Night Shift
4th Jan 2001, 00:37
I changed my Guvnor's new mail notification to a wav file of the man in the Mosque wailing. A reminder of my 5am wake up call in Dubai.

Canuck_AV8R
4th Jan 2001, 02:46
OK Folks:

I have been getting quite a few requests for the sound files and being connected via a slooow modem connection I would rather not send the file 50 times, I am sure you understand.

Here is what I will do however. I will wait a few days and then do a mass mailing to all those who email me. So if you do not get a reply right away that is the reason.

Cheers
Canuck

loglickychops
4th Jan 2001, 17:05
Don't do that! You'll end up sending the file as many times as you have recipients, just does it at the same time. Anyone can download these kind of files from the web. Try this link http://www.simviation.com/fsdsounds.htm

Capt Byrd de Styrke
4th Jan 2001, 17:25
The best site for various sounds including
some classics for new mail notifications

wavplace.com

the wizard of auz
6th Jan 2001, 15:58
Try and copy the sound files on some of your fave game CD's.
I have a few from the warcraft games and they are bloody funny, when I start up my computer say's yes master I am here to serve, and so on.