PDA

View Full Version : Trunkated Address (IE5)

ExSimGuy
8th Oct 2000, 12:17
The office computer crashed last week and I had to reload quite a bit. Now I can't load "favorites" as every page on PPRuNe comes up as "www.pprune.org/" and the "favorites" short-cut just points to the home page!

It's a beggar navigating the forum list for the one I want so has anyone any idea what setting I may have messed up when I reloaded IE5?

------------------
---- "Per Ardua ad Mixas" ----
(Through hardship to the bars)

ExSimGuy
22nd Oct 2000, 19:05
Doesn't anyone out there know the answer?

(putting it back "on the board" in the hope of a reply!!!)

Dimsim
23rd Oct 2000, 00:48
Not sure I understand the question.

R O Tiree
23rd Oct 2000, 02:03
Dead Easy. I am assuming, BTW, that you are using IE4/5 and not Netscape Navigator, as you refer to Favourites, not Bookmarks....

When you first open www.pprune.org, (http://www.pprune.org,) you will notice a column of blue buttons under a stylised question mark, starting Home, Forums, 10 Sec Survey. This is actually a framed window. This allows users to navigate quickly to other areas of Pprune. Whichever forum you click on, the address shows as pprune.org.

To get around this, instead of just clicking on the link you want, point at the link and right-click. A pop-up menu will appear. click on "Open in New Window". The link will open in a new window with the correct address in the location bar. Right click anywhere in the window that is not graphics or a link. Another pop-up window will appear. Click on "Add to Favourites".

Ta daaa! :)

ExSimGuy
23rd Oct 2000, 09:52
R O - Works great - must have been a design change on the board at some time, not my reload of IE5 (yes, sorry I forgot to mention that!)

Bit more complicated than before but thanks, solved my problem of getting my favorite PPRuNe pages into "Favorites"

Owe you a pint if you're at the GatBash ;)

------------------
---- "Per Ardua ad Mixas" ----
(Through hardship to the bars)