PDA

View Full Version : QR Engine Fire in Khartoum

cochise
7th Jun 2008, 16:36
Taxied by a QR A300 this afternoon with an aft right slide deployed. Heard that they had an engine fire on taxi and someone opened the door up and the slide deployed. The engine looked charred.:uhoh:

PositiveRate876
7th Jun 2008, 16:48
KRT would not be my ideal place for that!

Good luck to the crew.

PinkOrchid
7th Jun 2008, 20:10
Hi,

does anyone have more information about this? would really appreciate it...

Thanks D.

salamalikum2
8th Jun 2008, 08:18
Qatar airways is not very generous (and open)when it come to release information following a incident.Generally everything is keep very quiet and secret.
So just expect a lot of rumors,nothing else i guess....

qatari001
8th Jun 2008, 13:00
Hi,

The A300 involved in this incident is A7-ABW, the only A300 pax configuration remaining on the fleet.
I heard from an inside source that the aircraft had an engine tail pipe fire during engine start.
1 pax being in panic after seeing fire coming out from the engine, went at the back of the aircraft, opened one of the doors and of course the slide was deployed... what a smart person!!:D
Then I don't know really what happened afterwards, but for sure no one got injured.
The aircraft is still stuck in KRT.
I think ABW wants to retire from QR before its schedule date around november... :rolleyes:

gazbert
10th Jun 2008, 14:22
Picture here - http://aviation-safety.net/wikibase/wiki.php?id=20896

harry the cod
10th Jun 2008, 17:33
What the hell were the Cabin Crew doing when this person was trying to open the door................"another hot towel sir?"

There's nothing like assertive Cabin Crew. And that's nothing like it!

Harry

Sal-e
11th Jun 2008, 00:47
Maybe the guy who did this was management.

Touch'n'oops
11th Jun 2008, 02:26
Upon reviewing the photo of the incident, that tail pipe fire looked a little more serious than just a little fuel being burnt off. Have a look at the fairing behind the engine. A good amount of charring left behind.
I would have opened the door and gone.

Anyone remember the off duty BA cabin crew member that started an evacuation during push-back because of a small tail pipe fire?

Touch'n'oops
11th Jun 2008, 02:32
Forget the tailpipe fire... Hell have you seen what has happened yesterday, at the same airport!!!
http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/world/africa/7447405.stm

Tankengine
11th Jun 2008, 03:10
I wonder if same A/C?:eek:

helen-damnation
11th Jun 2008, 05:48
No, different airline :uhoh:

airbanana
13th Jun 2008, 11:00
I have heared that the Cap and FO where call for investigation by 300CP, (knows among us as happy trigger because he loves to send warning letters to everyone):mad:
The cockpit crew acted correctely :ok:during the incident so no further actions toward them.
Cheers.

Sal-e
13th Jun 2008, 12:56
Watch and see the pilots take the fall on this one.

airbanana
13th Jun 2008, 17:31
Yeah, I heared 300Cp was more interested in trying to find any misjudgment by the F Crew, and never asked himself or the company why they are sending this AC to KRT, with just a new mounted engine and a APU with problems in every flight.

Cheers:ok:

ShockWave
15th Jun 2008, 12:01
No wide body airline flights should operate into that Sh_thole. It is simply not safe. Several souvenirs of that aircraft accident were just removed from a B777 aircraft (along with the tires) that operated out of there after the accident!
Runway Inspection? I doubt it!

The large holes, rocks and glass imbedded in the tires were probably also missed by engineers and crews for six sectors before being found.

Note to self and others: If you or engineers think that a tyre inspection is required due to numerous cuts on your tires or observed debris on the runway make sure they jack the bogies up and look what's underneath! Destroying three tires on a 300t aircraft at one time is not a good days work and could be disastrous. Not to mention a right pain in the arse for the unlucky bastard who discovers the damage at an outstation that does not have three tires just lying around waiting to be used. :ugh:

scorpio
15th Jun 2008, 20:30
so it was discovered after six sectors ? so how did u know that it was from the ****hole that u mentioned .and i dont think you should refer to other people country as **** hole cause u wouldnt like ur home to be called that .try to respect others please or u will earn the tilte of a skilled labour with no maners:=.