PDA

View Full Version : Cx-O-days after ULH

Peebee and Jay
7th Jun 2008, 07:31
Am I correct in saying that being assigned a duty during O-days following a ULH pattern is legal but not in line with RP07?

The Management
7th Jun 2008, 07:43
RP 07 is binding in honour only, similar to you COS. Now you know what “not normally” means. If we need to, we will use it.

We will use "Not Normally" as much as we use "Roster Disruption".

You signed RP07, now live with it and stop your complaining.

To My Bonus.

The Management

Frogman1484
7th Jun 2008, 08:53
The O day after a ULH is only there if your ULH pattern gets delayed while on the trip. Obviously they can slide you ULH pattern by one or two days depending on how many O days you have. If they give you a duty on the O day after your ULH you can tell them that you will not be rested for it and therefore "Management " is talking [email protected] usual!

ACMS
7th Jun 2008, 12:42
A couple of guys on the 777 have been sent back to JFK after arriving from JFK. They had enough O days to do it. Hoylands answer is "the roster cycle has not finished, so we CAN use you if we want to"

If they tried that with me I would accept the duty then the next morning after I'd had a crap nights rest I would ring and say "sorry not going, not rested"

You don't usually have enough O's after a rostered ULH anyway, but they could get you to do a regional pattern for 2 days I guess.

badairsucker
7th Jun 2008, 14:56
Thanks to the guys who signed 5-4-3 away, WELL DONE D1CKHEADS

Amen brother!!!!!!!

Who in their right mind signed that away?:=:=:=:=

ACMS
7th Jun 2008, 15:23
The O days after a ULH on your roster was imposed in about the year 2000 ( or there abouts ) as a result of us imposing contract compliance. Around the same time they brought in the requirement to ring 8929 after duty and removed our ability to view other peoples rosters.:D Cathay's big stick out again.:=

I might be wrong but I think they could have done the same thing to us when we had the 5-4-3 rule anyway. This "duty cycle" excuse is not new.

However I agree, we should not have given away 5-4-3

Hellenic aviator
7th Jun 2008, 16:57
Yep, and just like taxes, once implemented, it RARELY gets changed.
Hell will freeze before we get 5-4-3 back again !

To the IDIOTS that agreed to give it away - I hope you c:mad:s get what you deserve for screwing the rest of us :yuk:

Sqwak7700
8th Jun 2008, 11:19
The only way that they could assign you a JFK after doing a JFK is if you agreed to super-compact rostering. Otherwise, they can't assign you to back to back long haul patterns.

Like someone already mentioned, they can assign you to a regional short-haul pattern or a simulator session at their discretion.

stillalbatross
8th Jun 2008, 11:38
Have to agree with sqwak on that one as i have on the past four occasions been "asked" to do a W pattern when leaving the aircraft in HKG after a longhaul. Each time I have regrettably declined (too tired & too long away from the family) and crew control has happily found a g day worker instead. My understanding was that in the past W patterns were only rostered to those who asked for them and only integrated as a normal roster, ie the full month. That changed earlier this year when? How? dunno and now you can do an individual W pattern off the bat should you so desire.

CC are still only requesting and haven't termed it a mandatory duty change yet from what my calls from them have been.

simplex
8th Jun 2008, 12:45
Ask Murray or Steve next time you fly with them.

preset
8th Jun 2008, 14:26
Thanks to the guys who signed 5-4-3 away, WELL DONE D1CKHEADS

Amen brother!!!!!!!

Who in their right mind signed that away?:=:=:=:=

Maybe you should ask the commuters what they think :rolleyes:

BlunderBus
8th Jun 2008, 15:01
maybe we should ask cx where all of our basing vacancies went?...then we wouldn't need to commute would we?
and murray is the hero that sold us down the river...makes nigel look pretty good now doesn't it?:ouch:

Fenwicksgirl
9th Jun 2008, 02:27
Dont know, but i am sure i will be reminded if 5-4-3 would have prevented this. Could they keep you going on the same duty cycle back in the 5-4-3 days??

Mooseflyer
9th Jun 2008, 06:20
What was 5-4-3?

Yeager
9th Jun 2008, 07:23
Roster adjustment is a lot better than 5-4-3 anyways. All you have to do is figure out how to use it properly. I suppose most guys are well to intimidated and stuck into "things" with this company that they just have to put up with their sh.t. Take a piece of advice. Dont get youself stuck! :ok:

Happy flying - happy life - keep smiling ;):D