PDA

View Full Version : Crude oil to hit USD150 per barrel by July 4th

Geragau
7th Jun 2008, 00:52
Pundits are predicting that Brent crude will hit US$150 per barrel by the fourth of July! Yikes! In good old bolehland, petrol prices went up by 40% to RM2.70 a litre and there is the usual hue and cry...worse things to come!
Middle East oil producers subsidises much more heavily and consumers here in the sandpit enjoy such cheap petrol prices that it almost seem criminal!
Malaysia is an oil producer, albeit on a smaller scale. How is it that the gomen cannot maintain the previous subsidies which are much less than those in the Mid-East countries.
How are MAS and Ak going to weather this fuel crisis? Cutting low yield flights? I think the good days for pilots are soon coming to an end. US airlines are going to cut services and furlough their pilots who will flood the market......T & Cs ain't gonna get any better! The airlines in the subcontinent are going to haemorrhage ...not a pretty picture if oil prices keep heading north.

MasMamak
7th Jun 2008, 01:15
You probably had read this, go figure:

Malaysia's squandered oil wealth
On another thread i.e MH F/Os to AK Capts I mentioned having heard it fro one of my former skippers. As luck would have it, I ran into this gentleman just a couple of days ago! I picked his brain on the subject and he has this to say: " post this at your own risk, but you don't have to be that **** scared! "

Well after dwelling on it, the Makkal Sakthi sentiments got better of me and here is what you folks are so eager to hear.....HOWEVER will you be **** scared to discuss it or even share it with your fellow rakyat back in bolehland?

Here it comes :

After the financial crisis in 1997 and getting rid of Anwar's bumbling attempts at self aggrandizing economic management, Mamak and Dime worked out a deal with some clandestine European interests to salvage the Malaysian economy. First the agreement to peg the ringgit at RM3.8 to the USD so that the Malaysian bonds held by these European interests remain reasonably stable. In return for agreeing to this peg the European financial warlocks extracted a massive price; Malaysian petroleum futures bartered off for 25 years at substantially below THEN market price. All Malaysian petroleum and gas extracted will be sold at that price until 2023 to these European " hydra ". This apply to Petroleum and gas DISCOVERED prior to this date ( late 1997/early 1998 ). HOWEVER petroleum and gas discovered after this date will be available to be sold at existing market price.

So our Malaysian oil wealth have been bartered off for less than USD15 a barrel for the next 25 years after 1998!

We currently enjoy USD110 per barrel of crude oil ONLY FOR THOSE PETROLEUM crude discovered after that " barter " agreement!

So that's why we ain't booming amidst this oil price bonanza!

Who are these clandestine European interests? They involved THE VATICAN and European as well as American Jewish interests!!! THAT IS WHY IT IS SO CONTROVERSIAL and POTENTIALLY DAMAGING to those involved, never mind the petro wealth down the jamban!!!

Most would remember Mamak making some well publicised trips to the Middle East with huge media coverage of meetings with Hosni Mubarak, King Hussein, King Fahd, King Hassan etc. HOWEVER once these meetings with so called great Muslim leaders are over he WOULD SNEAK QUIETLY over to Europe to meet some " business " leaders and the POPE! The meeting with the Pope was some photo ops to quell the " curiosity " of some mainstream media, but the actual meetings were with the secret inner circle of hidden leaders of the inner Vatican sanctum. These meetings were of course highly secret! Wonder why George Soros took it so cooly when Mamak called him names and blamed him for the financial crisis? Think outside your tempurungs, guys.

Of course, in public, the story went that high minded Mamak was conveying the thoughts and misgivings of Middle Eastern leaders to the Pope. If you look back you will find quite a few of such meetings with the pontiff.

Now is this all part of a conspiracy theory, go figure. I cannot go further without revealing actual names of people involved as these people has no " nick names ". These people still hold great power in the Malaysian establishment.........hence some people are **** scared to reveal more. I am also **** scared too; **** scared for my family's and Malaysia's future! Enogh said, time to see if the fireworks and knives come out in full show!
http://www.pprune.org/forums/images/statusicon/user_offline.gif http://www.pprune.org/forums/images/buttons/report.gif (http://www.pprune.org/forums/report.php?p=4048580)

The theory in that controversial post is becoming is becoming much more plausible day by day as we watch the former PM's shennanigans.

chintanmanis
9th Jun 2008, 09:49
If this indeed was the case, it certainly is a disaster. The sandiwara that is going on now seem to be an attempt by that old fox to intimidate any potential investigators into his misdeeds......I am sure many existing politicos in the current regime were somehow in the game; it's a matter of time before one will start to sing.

In some other thread, it was mentioned that Idris Jala did hedge some percentage of the fuel costs....good call!