PDA

View Full Version : Xavius ATCC simulator

GoneWest
30th Sep 2001, 16:28
Some time ago, I downloaded the ATCC simulator (www.xavius.com) - paid the $12 to get speech - and started battling with the pilots of Chicago.

Learned a few lessons - but have now managed 20.5 hours (sad muppet??) without a "deal".

Any ideas as to why I can't get my 'rating' above 85.

PPRuNe Dispatcher
2nd Oct 2001, 03:23
I've never managed to keep my rating much about 82 or 83. But I have qualified on all 6 sectors :D

---Mik

GoneWest
4th Oct 2001, 06:43
....an even sadder Muppet!!

bagpuss lives
8th Oct 2001, 00:02
If you trawl around the Net you will find (somewhere) the formula that is used to calculate the average rating.

Sorry - I just can't remember where - any ideas James if you're there?

It has alot to do with the actual amount of traffic you work as well as safety, obviously. For instance if you did a quiet session you would get a much lower rating than doing the same things on a busier session. Hmmm that sounds very obvious :D

I'm a 96 man myself ;)

GoneWest
10th Oct 2001, 06:36
Nite...if - as many of your postings suggest - you work in ATC...why are you only 96??

Where's the other 4? :D :D

Real question, however, is who or what controls the volume of traffic? The box says I've got 100% and I handle 'em all without too much hassle - just an occassional steep turn :eek:

How can I work any more than they send me?? :confused:

What_does_this_button_do?
10th Oct 2001, 11:21
I think we ought to ask 10 Dubya to have a go. I'll bring my laptop to the London Mini Bash for Royality and see how well he does after a few glasses of falling down water! :D

PPRuNe Dispatcher
10th Oct 2001, 12:12
Sounds like something for the next Gatbash as well ;) Can you imagine 20 "happy" pilots looking at the big projection screen all yelling different instructions to the poor soul on the keyboard? "UA126 Descend to FL330", "NO, UA126 CLIMB TO FL370!!!!" "TURN HIM LEFT!!!" "NO NO NO TURN HIM RIGHT!!!"

[ 10 October 2001: Message edited by: PPRuNe Dispatcher ]

bagpuss lives
13th Oct 2001, 22:25
Ahhhh another rotation out of the way :)

OK - I think the actual amount of traffic is inbuilt into the sector when it is designed. Therefore even if you have the traffic level doodah upto 100% you're still only allowing 100% of the designed traffic level through the sector.

You can't increase it therefore - so you can't increase your chances of getting a higher rating.

As for the extra 4% from my rating - dunno - better ask my WM I suppose :p Never had any complaints before.

In all seriousness I don't think 100% is attainable due to the traffic level part of the rating process - I've described before.

That's my excuse :D

PPRuNe Radar
14th Oct 2001, 02:19
I understand that the minimum score required for an ATC Moderator is 150 ;)

bagpuss lives
14th Oct 2001, 03:08
Thanks for that :D :D :D :D

And your rating is?...............

:D